If you have some spare time on your hand, participating in surveys could be a rewarding time. Answering surveys is one of the best ways to earn some money especially if you are a student, housewife, and nursing mother. But you must have heard of survey websites that don’t pay and turn out to be a huge waste of time. This is why this Toluna review is apt at this moment. In this review, you will find out what is Toluna Surveys and if it is legit or a scam.
What is Toluna Surveys?
Toluna is an online company that pays you for answering surveys and participating in polls. Toluna helps brands and companies to get accurate feed backs concerning their products and services. This is done through the automation of the research processes.
Established in Paris in the year 2,000 by a Belgian private investment company, Verlinvest, Toluna now has more than 20 offices across three continents of Europe, North America, and Asia. It boasts of more than 14 million active members in over 70 countries. The company also owns Toluna USA.
Companies used to discuss opinion polls about their products and services in the boardroom but Toluna has changed that by bringing surveys and polls online. The company conducts market research on behalf of corporate organizations and generates over $100 million in revenue every year. Payments are made in cash through PayPal or Amazon gift cards.
How do Toluna surveys work?
There are two types of surveys offered on Toluna. They are longer surveys and profile surveys. The profile surveys don’t take much time. It can be concluded within two minutes and you can earn as much as 100 points afterward. But the longer surveys can take a lot of time. It takes between 10 to 20 minutes to get completed but provide more points than profile surveys.
- Profile Surveys – The Profile Surveys are for Toluna to know a lot more about you. Relevant surveys are sent to you based on your profile. For example, if you stated that you have an Android phone; Toluna won’t send you a survey that relates to an iPhone.
- Longer Surveys – The longer surveys are pretty straightforward. They come in different categories. Some of the categories include cars, lifestyle, food, and so on. This is available on the “survey center” link. When a category is clicked, it takes you to a distinct page showing the available surveys. If you choose a category like “lifestyle” for example, you will be directed to entertainment-related surveys alongside the number of points to earn including the estimated completion time.
Three ways to redeem points from Toluna surveys
In complete contrast with other survey websites like InboxDollars and CashCrate, the point system is what Toluna uses to score every participant. Below are the three ways to redeem your points:
- Rewards – There are different types of gift cards involved here. There is also the option to get paid through PayPal or cheque. You must earn a minimum of 30,000 points to get the least of the gift cards. If you want cash, 30,000 points are equivalent to $30 which is the minimum payout. Whether you want your reward through PayPal, Amazon gift card, or cheque, 3,000 points to $1 are the conversion rate.
- Sweepstakes – If you intend to choose Sweepstakes as your reward method, then, 1,000 points gives you a chance to be an owner of an LED TV. 500 points put you into an entry draw of $4,500 monthly.
- Gifties – This is where you can use earned points to purchase tickets so you can win different rewards.
How to join Toluna
Toluna’s membership is available for 49 countries. A wide range of surveys is available depending on where you are located. Below is how you can register on the platform:
Step 1: Go to the Toluna website at https://toluna.com/, scroll down, and select your country of residence. Then, click on “Sign Up”
Step 2: After signing up, the next thing is to log in. Verify your account by supplying some personal details. This gives you a chance to start participating in online surveys.
8 ways to earn with Toluna
There are 8 ways you can earn points with Toluna. They are as follows:
- Surveys – Surveys are the most efficient way to accumulate points with Toluna. There is a wide range of surveys you can take part in. Most of the surveys can earn you between 1,000 and 2,000 points within 20 minutes.
- Profile survey completion – You can earn some points by completing your profile survey. There are a total of 14 surveys for each profile and 100 points are awarded per survey
- Polls – Participating in polls is another way to earn points. Each poll comes with 15 points which can be completed within a few seconds.
- Posting content in the Community – A lot of points are earned by posting content in the Toluna Community. If you have a qualified post, you can get up to 1,000 points.
- Taking part in contests – The contest is meant to encourage participants to post more in the Community. Points and prizes are awarded in return.
- Start a contest – You can start your contest too. You will be rewarded with prizes and points.
- By referring a friend – 500 points will be awarded to you if you successfully refer a friend using your referral link.
- By playing games – By playing Toluna games, you can earn between 80 and 1,000 points through the spinning of the wheel.
Who is it for?
Toluna is meant for anyone interested in making some cash by the side during their spare time. You can take part in the surveys and polls even if you have a white-collar job.
- Reputable organization –Toluna is a legit and reputable platform to earn some cash online. It is also well trusted.
- Free to join – The platform is free to join and the website features are also easy to use.
- User-friendly – It does not matter whether you are accessing the website from a smartphone or desktop. This is because it is very user-friendly no matter the device or gadget you are using.
- No limitations – There are no limitations to the number of points you can earn. So, nothing is stopping you from earning as much as you want to earn.
- No referral bonus – Having a referral bonus would have been a good idea but unfortunately, Toluna pays no dime for referrals.
- A lot of hard work is needed – It takes a lot of time and hard work to reach the minimum payout of $30.
- Disqualification issues – The frustrating part with Toluna is the issue of disqualification. You could be disqualified even after being selected to take a survey. But there is a kind of compensation if you are disqualified.
Legit or scam
Toluna is a legit company but to make a decent amount from participating in the surveys and polls, you need to invest a lot of time into it. On average, you can make about 100 cents per hour. So, it is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is Toluna surveys recommended?
Yes, Toluna is 100% recommended if you are looking for a way to make money online. The truth is that it won’t make you rich but the earnings can take care of some basic things in one’s life.