Blogging is saturated but hasn’t lost its value. Content creation is the backbone of blogging. Online marketers depend on valuable content that is fresh, relevant, and easy to read. Professional-looking content should be written with appropriate punctuations and proper grammar skills. Grammarly is a well-known and reputed online platform that helps individuals align their content using correct grammatical sentences and punctuations. You can also make some money by sharing the platform with others. In this review post, I will tell you what is the Grammarly affiliate program, how does it work, its commissions, and the pros, and cons.
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an AI-powered assistant tool built to provide instant grammatical help to improve your writing skills. Individuals and businesses use Grammarly to build error-free, and impactful content or messages.
The app has brilliant suggestion abilities in terms of synonyms, phrases, re-writing sentences, etc. It also works as a plagiarism tool to make your writing fresh and original.
Grammarly was founded in 2009 and remains one of the most-used online software in the writing industry.
What is the Grammarly affiliate program?
Grammarly offers an affiliate program to capture a lot of audiences involved in content creation. The affiliate program pays commissions to its affiliates who can earn $0.20 on free account creation and $20 on premium account upgrades.
There are additional payouts in the form of cash bonuses, and exclusive discounts for top-performing affiliates.
Grammarly provides a 90-days cookie period to track affiliate links. It helps its affiliates with banners, links, and other advertising materials to kick start their affiliate campaign.
How does the Grammarly affiliate program work?
To be part of the Grammarly affiliate program, you have become an affiliate by submitting an application. You can apply directly through the Grammarly website or its affiliate program network ShareASale.
The approval/rejection process takes a maximum of 2 days. Once your account is approved, Grammarly provides affiliate links and related resources to begin the affiliate journey.
Grammarly products & services
Grammarly is a great app that works on Windows and Mac applications. It can be also installed as an extension on web browsers. Apart from the free version, there are basically two offerings from Grammarly that can be promoted as an affiliate:
Grammarly Premium – The premium category of features includes some of the advanced levels of word and sentence suggestions, plagiarism detection, tone adjustments, and sentence re-writing.
The premium offering is helpful to improve confidence and makes writing more enjoyable and effective. A premium subscription is priced at $12 per month.
Grammarly Business – Grammarly Business is targeted at a team of users between 3 to 149. The membership offers guidance on styling, snippets, account roles, and permissions, with an analytical dashboard and priority email support.
It is an ideal solution for businesses looking to improve their team’s writing skills. A Grammarly Business account is very affordable at $12.50 per month.
Ways to promote Grammarly
As an affiliate, you can promote Grammarly through:
Website blogs – Blogging depends on effective writing skills. Share the qualities and improvement you gained while writing with Grammarly’s AI-powered assistant. Your blog’s readability and clarity can be helpful to convince the readers into Grammarly subscribers.
Email marketing – The most result-oriented and excellent way to market your products is email marketing. Share a newsletter on Grammarly services to your email subscribers and let them decide on using Grammarly as their new source of writing.
Social Media advertising – You can convert your followers into referrals by sharing Grammarly-provided advertising banners, and text links on social media channels. A convincing post highlighting Grammarly features can also improve conversions.
Make sure to add your affiliate links in all the resources you use for Grammarly promotions so that you don’t miss earning commissions.
Grammarly affiliate program commissions
There are two types of commissions paid by Grammarly to its affiliates:
$0.20 per free account creation
$20 per account upgrade to premium
Affiliates can also expect to earn an account activation bonus. In addition, there are cash bonuses, and discounts on offer for affiliates who remain consistent and achieve top performer status.
Can I make money with the Grammarly affiliate program?
Grammarly has gained popularity in the online segment for the services it offers. Making writing easier and affordable is what makes it worth using.
As more and more people are shifting towards the online industry, Grammarly has the potential to attract a larger audience who are looking to make writing their earning source. Grammarly claims to have a conversion rate of up to 30% which is actually good. That means every 3 people out of 10 will become your referral.
One of the many benefits of Grammarly is its free account features that are highly used by many people. So, you can expect to make a minimum of $2 on 10 free accounts every month.
The paid plan of Grammarly is not too demanding from a pricing perspective so there is a possibility to make even 3 figure commissions considering 10 referrals upgrading to Grammarly premium plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does Grammarly pay its affiliates?
Answer: Affiliates are paid every month according to its affiliate network ShareASale terms and conditions.
2. How does Grammarly pay its affiliates?
Answer: Affiliates are paid through a check, wire transfer, or direct deposit for US residents. Non-US residents are paid only through wire transfers.
3. Is there a withdrawal threshold limit for affiliates payments?
Answer: Yes, the threshold amount is $25.
4. What support does Grammarly offer to its affiliates?
Answer: Affiliates are supported through the ShareASale partner network. In addition, affiliates can also stay connected with Grammarly by sending an email at email@example.com
- Great tool to promote – Grammarly is a perfect tool for all types of online users, and businesses. The importance of Grammarly features and affordable pricing are the two main factors that make it a must-have app.
- Decent commissions to earn – Affiliates can expect to make decent commissions by promoting Grammarly as a writing tool. There is no chance of missing out on commissions that are offered on free accounts as well. It also pays well on Grammarly Business account subscribers with tier-based calculations.
- Reputed affiliate network – The resources, support, and promotional tools are offered through the ShareASale affiliate network. The platform is better known for providing exceptional support and helps its affiliates monitor, and maximize their earnings.
- Sufficient free account usage – The free account features of Grammarly works really well. This is a major drawback as most of the users do not upgrade to Grammarly’s premium accounts. As a result, affiliate earnings from Grammarly are mainly owed to its free account users.
- No recurring commissions – Grammarly is a subscription-based platform where users have to pay monthly or yearly payments to continue using its features. A recurring commission structure for a lifetime or at least for a limited period could have been more ideal to attract more affiliates.
- No PayPal payment option – Affiliates residing outside the US may find it extremely difficult to receive payments from Grammarly. This is because it does not support PayPal which is widely used and accepted as a payment gateway worldwide. The payments are sent only in US dollars so affiliates with non-compliant US dollar bank accounts may not able to partner with Grammarly.
Conclusion: Is the Grammarly affiliate program recommended?
Grammarly as a tool is highly recommended for your own business benefits and so it makes obvious sense to promote it so that others can also enjoy and take advantage of Grammarly’s features. It helps individuals and businesses excel in their writing skills and gives their audience a realistic feel on reading their content.
The Grammarly affiliate program is aimed in the right direction with good commissions, affiliate networks, and resources.
However, what I don’t like and sorely miss is a recurring commission structure and PayPal or any other payment platform support. There is no point in joining the Grammarly affiliate program if you as an affiliate have to mend ways to receive commissions.
For US residents and all those who do not bother about payment currencies should be part of the Grammarly affiliate program.
If you are looking for an affiliate program that pays recurring commissions through PayPal then check my recommendation below.