You probably ran into this post because you were searching for a Shaklee review. Maybe someone just introduced it to you, and you are interested in finding out if the company is legit or a scam. So, what is Shaklee MLM?
I will reveal all you need to know about Shaklee to help you make an informed choice.
Many people have burnt their fingers by joining different MLM companies without conducting proper research. I congratulate you for taking the time to research Shaklee Corporation MLM.
I assure you that this will be the most honest Shaklee Corporation MLM review you would ever read on the internet. So, let’s get started.
New to MLM?
Read: What is MLM Business?
What is Shaklee MLM?
Shaklee is one of the oldest health and wellness MLM companies in the world.
It was established in 1956 and sells a wide range of supplements and shakes for weight loss.
The company has also made a foray into the beauty, cosmetics, and home product segments.
It is currently based in Pleasanton, California, USA, and has a presence in other countries like Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, Canada, China, and Indonesia.
Shaklee offers an excellent work-from-home opportunity for people who are interested in selling shakes and supplements to help obese and fat people to reduce weight.
The company has more than 200 products in different categories like health, nutrition, wellness, cosmetics, weight loss, and home cleaning.
How does Shaklee Corporation MLM work?
Shaklee works like every other MLM company where commissions are earned from products sold.
The company doesn’t spend money on advertising. It depends on direct selling to sell their products across eight different countries where they have their presence.
What is the cost of joining Shaklee?
It costs $49.95 to join Shaklee. It includes three months of access to your personalized website and digital tools for your training.
If you want to retain your distributorship you will have to shell out the extra costs to maintain 100PV (Personal Volume) every month.
How do I start if I want to join as a Shaklee distributor?
To get started, you will have to visit their website at https://us.shaklee.com/ to choose a Starter Pack suitable for you.
Benefits of Shaklee Products
Before joining the Shaklee Corporation MLM, it is important to know the benefits of the products you want to sell. This will help you to promote the products well.
Below are some of the benefits of Shaklee products:
- Tested and trusted – The products are tested and trusted since they have all undergone serious clinical studies to guarantee their potency.
- All-natural ingredients – All the ingredients for the product formulation are all-natural. There are no preservatives, sweeteners, or colors.
- Improved energy – If you have a busy lifestyle, the products will help you with the required energy to take you through the day.
- Immune system booster – The products enhance your immune system due to their blend of natural ingredients.
- Balanced nutrition – Shaklee claims that their products provide you with well-balanced nutrition which includes essential proteins and minerals.
Shaklee Corporation Compensation Plans
Eight different compensation plans are available to you.
- Gold Bonus – You can earn $50 or $100 if you recruit someone that purchases the Gold Pak or Gold Pak Plus.
- Power Bonus – This earns you 15 Power Bonus points. You will have to recruit a lot of people to earn $150.
- Price Differential – This is what you earn for your direct sales. It is between 16% and 36% commission.
- Personal Group Bonuses – This constitutes sales that are generated from your downline. It is between 4% and 20% bonus commission.
- Fast Track Bonus – Quick promotion is assured at this stage if you can recruit loads of people and you will earn a lot more bonuses.
- Incentives – This gives you a chance to go on special trips. It is only possible if you earn a lot of Group Volume points. This can only be achieved through massive recruitment and building a dedicated team.
- Car Bonus – It gets interesting at this point. You will have to achieve 3,000 Personal Group Volume (PGV) points to get to this stage. It comes with a $250 monthly bonus.
- Leadership Bonuses – If your downline is made of Business Leaders, you can earn between 3% and 6% of bonus commission from PGV points of your downline.
You can access the compensation plan here for more details.
Can I make money with Shaklee Corporation MLM?
Yes, there are a lot of possibilities to make money with Shaklee. As with any other MLM brand, there are mainly two ways of making money with MLM – selling of products and recruiting people.
You will have to work hard to sell a lot of products and earn a commission for every product sold.
Another way is to recruit people into your team as your downline. You will earn commissions for every product that your recruits sell.
You can earn between $500 and $1,000 monthly depending on how much effort you put into the business.
It was hard to find the latest income disclosure by Shaklee. As of 2014, the average annual earnings of a director-ranked distributor was $10,357 which is less than $1,000 a month.
The health and beauty niche competition is high, earning a respected figure every month requires dedicated hard work, and commitment to achieve something. So, don’t expect to earn a living out of Shaklee Corporation.
Is Shaklee a scam or a pyramid scheme?
Shaklee is not a scam. The company has a history of selling health and beauty products for more than 60 years which proves its strong infrastructure base.
It offers its distributors commissions based on multilevel recruitment and product sales that keep it away from being completely tagged as a pyramid scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the starter kit include a mobile app?
Answer: Yes, there are iOS and Android mobile apps.
2. Is Shaklee suitable for everyone?
Answer: Yes, its membership is open to everyone.
3. Does Shaklee offer discounts for its distributors?
Answer: Yes, they do. It is 15% off the retail prices.
- Proven history and track record – Shaklee is not an MLM company that has survived for five or ten years. This is a company that has been in operation since 1956. That is more than six decades of operation. There is nothing to fear about a company that has lasted for 65 years. This shows the company has a good track record and history.
- Environmentally friendly – Shaklee has been going green even before going green became a company policy. It makes a lot of effort to make the environment friendly by reducing carbon emissions.
- Quality products – Shaklee is known for producing quality shakes and supplements that help in reducing weight. This is what they were known for even before delving into other categories like beauty, home cleaning, and nutrition.
- Clinically researched products – Shaklee has invested in research to ensure its products are scientifically proven. Many of the formulas are science-based and the ingredients are from natural sources. Clinical studies have shown that most of their supplements have provided the benefits users were looking for.
- A+ rating by BBB – The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has rated Shaklee A+. With the rating, it shows that the company is credible and trusted by many people.
- Expensive products – Shaklee products are expensive despite being of high quality. It can be tough selling expensive products. The same type of products can be found cheaper on Amazon. If products are too expensive, the company selling these products can be seen as a pyramid scheme.
- Hidden expenses for distributors – There are targets to meet every month. You must sell a certain amount of products to qualify for bonuses. It means you may have to use your money to purchase the products to stay active in most cases. This is not wise.
Conclusion: Is Shaklee Corporation MLM recommended?
Shaklee Corporation is an MLM company with a strong track record. It has been in the industry for more than six decades. This is not a mean feat.
But I won’t recommend it to anyone because it is just a percentage of the people that are successful with MLM. There is a monthly minimum requirement to stay active and in most cases, you will have to pay from your pocket to stay active.
Another issue is with recruitment. If you don’t recruit active and determined people, you cannot make any progress.
The fact that the products are expensive will make it a hard sell.