Are you looking for an MLM business that is not into the selling of physical products? If the answer is yes, then, it is not by coincidence that you ran into this post. In this article, I will tell you what is Primerica MLM, if it is legit or a scam, their compensation plan, and much more.
If you would love to sell services and make some good commissions, then, Primerica MLM is what you have been looking for. Read on to find out all the right information you need to make an informed decision about the Primerica MLM.
What is Primerica MLM? An Overview
Primerica is an MLM company that is into the sales of securities like insurance, loans, mortgage, etc. This must sound very interesting to most people who are tired of selling physical products as network marketers.
Primerica Incorporated is a company that operates in the insurance and financial services sector. Primerica was founded by Arthur L. Williams Jr. and his wife on 10th February 1977 and it is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The company operates in North America with over 130,000 independent reps and is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, United States of America. Primerica boasts of more than 2,000 employees with over 4 million life insurance clients. It also operates in Canada and Puerto Rico.
Primerica sells term life insurance. It also provides other financial products and services such as annuities, mutual funds, auto insurance, home insurance, debt management plans, credit monitoring, pre-paid legal services, and many more.
Products offered by Primerica
All the information you need to get started with the Primerica MLM is available in this section. Primerica offers different products other than term life insurance. Below are the other services:
- Auto insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Segregated funds
- Debt consolidation loans
- Prepaid legal services
- Mutual funds investment
- Long-term care insurance
- Credit monitoring
Primerica MLM compensation plan
Primerica MLM offers excellent commissions for different levels of their independent reps.
After becoming a licensed insurance agent, you will start with the first level which is Representative. If you sell insurance worth $1,000, you will earn a 25% commission which is $250 per sale. Below are the different levels and their commissions:
- Representative – 25%
- Senior Representative – 35%
- District Leader – 50%
- Division Leader – 60%
- Regional Leader – 70%
- Regional Vice President – 95%
The cost of joining Primerica MLM
Like every MLM company, there is an amount to pay before you can join any MLM business.
For Primerica MLM, you have to pay $99. You also have to pay $25 every month for online support. Apart from these fees, you must ensure that you are licensed before joining Primerica.
To join the Primerica MLM program, you have to visit their website at https://www.primerica.com/
What does Primerica online support cover?
The online support is a password-protected website. You can gain access to the website after your subscription. It comprises marketing materials, training from top leaders, information relating to how you can earn money with Primerica MLM, and video clips about all the company’s broadcasts.
Lawsuits against Primerica
Primerica has suffered a lot of lawsuits in the past that dragged their reputation in the mud. Below are some of the lawsuits:
In 2012, Miriam Arellano took Primerica to court for negligence, consumer fraud, and breach of contract. She was awarded punitive damages worth $1,117, 572 and $82,000 for compensatory damages.
In 2013, Primerica was accused of bad investment advice. This was a lawsuit that involved 238 retirement plan cases. Primerica set aside $9.3 million in 2014 to settle these people.
In 2014, Machell Amador and Carolyn Arline took Primerica to court for refusal to pay their full benefits regarding their life insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is Primerica’s yearly revenue?
Answer: Primerica makes more than $1.5 billion yearly.
2. For how long has the company been operating?
Answer: Primerica has been operating for more than four decades.
3. How many independent reps does Primerica have?
Answer: Primerica has more than 130,000 independent reps.
4. What is Primerica’s most popular product?
Answer: The most popular product is Term Life Insurance.
5. What other products does Primerica sell apart from term life insurance?
Answer: The other products include identity theft protection, investments, prepaid legal services, long-term care insurance, auto, and home insurance.
Who is it for?
Primerica MLM is designed for anyone interested in making money by selling insurance and other securities. It is ideal for people who are experienced in direct selling.
- Term life insurance is evergreen – This is a big break from selling physical products like creams or serums. Primerica’s main product is term life insurance. This is an evergreen product because it expires after a specified term. The truth is that almost everyone needs term life insurance. This makes it attractive for independent reps to make continuous commissions for many years. This is a product that will deliver for many Primerica network marketers.
- Impressive market appeal – Primerica products have a large market appeal. Services like term life insurance and loans have a large market appeal. Many families would love to protect their loved ones from untimely death. This makes Primerica MLM very appealing.
- It has been around for a long time – Primerica has been around for more than four decades. It is not a joke for an MLM company to operate for 44 years. It shows that Primerica has something going for it. This shows that it is a reputable and trustworthy company.
- Credible organization – Primerica is a credible organization that pays claims promptly. This makes it a dependable and reliable insurance company. Claims are paid within 14 days.
- There is a charity arm – Primerica, just like other MLM companies has a charity arm. This makes it a responsible organization. The Primerica Foundation provides grants for many charity organizations. The company also encourages its employees to make donations to charity. In 2017 and 2018, their employees raised $500,000 for the American Cancer Society.
- It runs an MLM business model – Primerica runs an MLM business model which requires members to recruit more people into their fold. Not too many people like the idea of joining an MLM business. This makes recruitment very difficult.
- Expensive insurance – Primerica’s term life insurance is on the high side. This is why they don’t offer an online quote. To purchase their insurance, you will have to speak to their agents. The high cost of their insurance will discourage a lot of people from taking insurance.
- License is required – Unlike other MLM companies that you can join without any license or certification, you are required to be licensed before you can sell insurance for Primerica. This can be very discouraging for people who naturally love to sell.
- Pay for your expenses – You will pay for your expenses from your pocket even before making a dime from sales. Expenses like training and licensing fees must be shouldered by you.
Legit or scam
Primerica MLM is 100% legit. It is not a scam in any way.
Conclusion: Is Primerica MLM recommended?
Yes, Primerica MLM is recommended if you can build a large team. It depends on massive recruitment to make good money from it.
If you are not interested in recruiting people, then, the program is not for you.