Many people think dropshipping is easy until they run into the problem of contacting suppliers, getting reasonable prices for products, or updating products on their store. In the end, frustration kicks in due to the low-profit margin. However, with the Oberlo app, you can start to sing a new song of high-profit margin, ease of getting suppliers, and convenient updating of your store. In this post, I will tell you what is Oberlo Dropshipping app.
I will be also reviewing the Oberlo app so you can easily jumpstart your e-commerce business. I am sure you will be interested in knowing if this is one of those scams. Relax as I give you all the information that you need to succeed in the dropshipping ecosystem.
What is Oberlo Dropshipping App? An Overview
Founded in the year 2005, the Oberlo app is an extension you can install on your Shopify store to get suppliers and update your website with the utmost ease. The app has gained tremendous popularity in the past years making it the darling of many drop shippers. It is now one of the most popular apps in the Shopify marketplace.
With the Oberlo app, you longer need to buy, store or ship items to the customer that ordered them from your store. Just place an order with your supplier and the item will be shipped directly to your customer.
You can also export items from AliExpress directly to your Shopify store. The main goal of the Oberlo app is to help you dropship products quickly while you just sit back and relax as Oberlo will do the packaging of the item and ship it to your customer.
Features of Oberlo app
Below is all the information that you need to get started with the Oberlo app. The extension has got excellent features that stand it out from the rest.
Here are the features of the app:
- Stress-free importation from suppliers – Importing from AliExpress is one of the important features of the Oberlo app. With AliExpress, you have access to plenty of suppliers that have been well vetted. Apart from that, you also have access to product images, prices, and details at your fingertips. It is easy to search for products on AliExpress using your desired keyword. Importing products into your Shopify store comes with so much convenience.
- Great user-interface for product management – Oberlo has a clean dashboard that is similar to that of WordPress. You can complete a lot of tasks on the dashboard. For example, you can import lists, set featured products, search for different kinds of products and view all the products. All items are well arranged on your website including information about sales and earnings for each of the products.
- Automation of order fulfillment – This is the part most drop shippers love. This part makes dropshipping interesting and rewarding. The moment you get an order in your store, just go to the inventory and locate that product and just click on the “Order Product” button. Once you hit the button, Oberlo takes it up from there. Oberlo does the product packaging and shipping. This frees you from the headache of storing, packaging, and shipping a product to the customer by yourself.
- Price and inventory automatic updates – The inventory and price are constantly updated. This helps you to avoid selling a product that is already out of stock and notify you if there is a price change. This helps you to quickly adjust the pricing of your store.
- Changing of suppliers – You can change a supplier at any time. It is not even advisable to have just one supplier. There are a lot of certified suppliers on the platform. You can also check out suppliers’ ratings to find out the kinds of products they supply.
- Abundant products – There are millions of products to select from while using Oberlo. You can search through many categories such as home, beauty, jewelry, and many more. The search bar can also be used to search for products. Supplying the products is never an issue since Oberlo is one of the best dropshipping solutions in the world. You can check each of the products for pricing, shipping, quantity, and color.
When it comes to pricing, Oberlo is very sensible. It starts with a 30-day free trial. The free trial gives you an idea of what to expect when you subscribe to the paid version.
There are three pricing plans to choose from. This will depend on the size of your website.
The three pricing plans are:
- Starter – The Starter Plan costs you nothing. You are allowed to set up about 500 products with 50 orders in a month. Other benefits include daily syncing of products, automated order fulfillment, automated pricing, sales reporting, and a Chrome extension for free.
- Basic – The Basic Plan costs $29.90 per month. You can set up 10,000 products with 500 orders in a month, including all the benefits in the Starter Plan, monitoring of order fulfillment, and the tracking of shipment.
- Pro – For the Pro Plan, the cost is $79.90 monthly. You can set up 30,000 products with unlimited orders in a month and all the benefits that come with the Basic Plan. It also allows for multiple users.
How to setup Oberlo and link it to your Shopify store
Below is the step by step approach to setting up Oberlo and linking it with your store:
- Open a Shopify account by going to https://www.shopify.com/. Then, click on “Start Free Trial”. The free trial is for 14 days.
- Sign up with Oberlo. Open an Oberlo account by visiting https://www.oberlo.com/ and click “Become a Member”. Complete the registration process.
- To link Oberlo to your Shopify account, you will need to go to the Oberlo page located in the Shopify App Store, then, click on “Add App”. You will have to sign in to your Shopify account to get this done.
- Connect Oberlo to your Shopify store. After installing the app, next is to link the app to your store. Go to your website and select “add Oberlo to Shopify” and sign up. Once you are in the dashboard, click “connect a Store”. Oberlo will ask for permission to allow for orders, manage products, and others. To grant the permission, just click “install app”.
Who is it for?
The Oberlo app is for dropshippers who are looking for reliable suppliers to help handle their dropshipping business effectively. The app is already pre-installed for new Shopify store owners. This allows merchants to search and add products quickly to their stores.
- The Oberlo app is a free Google Chrome extension
- Seamless integration with Shopify
- Products are automated to achieve easy order fulfillment
- Automated pricing and inventory
- Daily syncing of products
- It has a user-friendly interface
- There is the option of sales and shipment tracking
- Products are quickly and securely imported using AliExpress
- It is easy to change a supplier anytime you wish to
- It is scalable for growing e-commerce business
- Works exclusively with Shopify. This means you cannot use it WooCommerce
- It supports only AliExpress
Legit or scam
The Oberlo app is a legit extension designed for Shopify for starting a dropshipping business. It is not a scam at all.
Conclusion: Is the Oberlo Dropshipping app recommended?
Yes, the Oberlo app is highly recommended for new drop shippers. It helps you to cut down the stress of starting an e-commerce business by more than half. Once you have a Shopify store, you can search for the Oberlo app and install it. It is that easy.