Choosing an email marketing tool is very easy when it is just about sending bulks emails. There are plenty of them to choose from but as a smart marketer, part of your consideration won’t be about sending bulk campaigns but on ROI and sales. In that circumstance, choosing an email marketing tool based on behavioral patterns and advanced campaigns would be the game-changer. This is why the Klaviyo review is imperative. In this review, you will find out what is Klaviyo email marketing.
You will also find out if Klaviyo is a good tool for e-commerce marketing automation or not and if it is legit or a scam.
What is Klaviyo Email Marketing? An Overview
Klaviyo is a cloud-based email marketing system designed for e-commerce businesses. The company was established in 2012 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. It has got excellent integration with many platforms. It also has great performance reporting and audience segmentation.
With Klaviyo, targeted email campaigns can be sent out based on metrics like viewing history, refund requests, ordered items, visitor activity, revenue generated, and how customers behave based on their past emails. This shows that Klaviyo is packed full of exceptional features to make your e-commerce email marketing campaign a success.
Klaviyo is available on a monthly subscription basis and the pricing varies based on the number of contacts you would want to reach at a time.
Klaviyo offers both free and paid plans. The free plan supports up to 250 contacts with 500 email sends. This is a great advantage for smaller businesses and anyone who wants to test how functional and dependable the platform is.
One great advantage of the free version is that some of the excellent features in the paid plan are also available.
Below are the prices for the paid plan based on the number of contacts.
- Between 300-500 contacts – It costs $20 per month.
- Between 501-1,000 contacts – This costs just $30 per month.
- Between 1001-1,500 contacts – For this range of email contacts, it will cost you $45 per month.
- Between 1501-2,500 contacts – This is for $60 per month.
- Between 2501-3,000 contacts – It goes for $70 per month.
- Between 3001-3,500 contacts – $80 per month.
- Between 3501-5,000 contacts – The cost is $100 per month.
The benefits that come with any of the paid categories include unlimited email sends, email, and chat support.
Another advantage of Klaviyo is that you can also send SMS. The price for Email and SMS can be combined.
Features of Klaviyo
Klaviyo has a lot of extensive features which makes it better than its competition. Some of the features include:
- A/B testing
- Built-in auto-responders
- Custom integration API
- Signup forms and popup
- Personalized emails
- One-click integration
- Website tracking
- Email newsletters
- Triggering of emails
- Automated importation of lists
- Follow-up on orders
- Powerful segmentation
- Drag and drop email design
- Facebook advertising
- Reports based on ROI
- Tracking on real-time
- Responsive email templates
- Customers profile creation
- Welcome emails
- Custom activity fields
Klaviyo vs. MailChimp
When it comes to email marketing, Klaviyo and MailChimp are some of the best. If you are contemplating any of these platforms right now, here is how they fare.
- Pricing – When you are looking for a great email marketing tool to drive your campaigns, the price may be an issue for you. You may be looking for something budget-friendly. Though these programs offer free plans the paid version can be out of reach for smaller businesses or startups. For Klaviyo, sending mail to 1,000 contacts will cost $30 per month but for MailChimp, it costs $10 to send emails of above 2,000. So, Klaviyo is more expensive as MailChimp is cost-effective.
- Segmentation – When it comes to segmentation, Klaviyo beats MailChimp hands down. With Klaviyo, you can do segmentation based on transactional data or customer behaviors. There is also Facebook integration but MailChimp is found wanting in these areas. MailChimp offers no behavior tracking and its segmentation is not up to scratch.
- Automation – Automation is a critical part of email marketing. It helps you to manage your marketing properly. There are advanced automation strategies with Klaviyo. If you are new to the tool, all you have to do is click the “Browse Ideas” to see a series of pre-built templates that you can use to get started immediately. Klaviyo has excellent integration with tools like Magneto and Shopify. The experience is less immersive with MailChimp. MailChimp automation is just basic and not as comprehensive as Klaviyo.
- User interface and usability – The two platforms are great but which one is easier to use? There is no doubt that Klaviyo is one of the smartest email marketing tools in the market. You can build intuitive emails with Klaviyo using the drag and drop email builder feature. This makes it easier to use than MailChimp but MailChimp also offers great usability.
- Integrations – Klaviyo offers exceptional integrations. The fact that MailChimp doesn’t integrate with Shopify is a big minus. Klaviyo has deep integrations with tools like Big Commerce, Shopify Plus, Shopify, and Magneto. Integrations can also be done through API.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the email or SMS be used separately?
Answer: Each of the channels can be used separately or together. Each of them has a separate pricing structure.
2. Can I use the free plan forever?
Answer: Yes, the free plan can be used forever.
3. Can I use Klaviyo for my Shopify store?
Answer: Since MailChimp discontinued their integration with Shopify, Klaviyo has become the go-to email marketing tool for Shopify integration.
4. Does Klaviyo have a landing page feature?
Answer: With Klaviyo, a page form can be created to serve as a subscription page.
5. Is Klaviyo good for CRM?
Answer: Klaviyo is good for CRM. It helps you to gather all the subscriber’s and customers’ information within a single page view. All the data needed to grow your business is provided seamlessly.
Who is it for?
Klaviyo is meant for people who have e-commerce businesses. It is also perfect for internet marketers, email marketers, online merchants, etc.
How to start using Klaviyo?
You have to visit the Klaviyo website and sign-up with https://www.klaviyo.com/ to start using it.
- Segmentation – Klaviyo allows you to segment your list based on a myriad of factors like the behavior of visitors on your website, open rates, and their location. This allows you to make an informed decision based on the data gathered.
- Great integration level – The integration level is excellent. It integrates perfectly with Facebook, Shopify, Magneto, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and more.
- Automation – Klaviyo marketing automation is beyond sophistication. Using different actions and conditions, the user can build flows or rules based on any subscriber’s situation.
- Wonderful visual builder – Creating your automation workflows requires no programming skills. The signup form can easily be created and email templates can be customized without any issues.
- Increases lead – Flaviyo helps to increase leads through the collection of information using the signup forms.
Legit or scam
Klaviyo is a 100% legit email marketing program dedicated to e-commerce enterprises. It is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is Klaviyo email marketing recommended?
Klaviyo is highly recommended email marketing tool if you want a high ROI and increase in sales.