Are you looking for a way to save some money when shopping? If the answer is yes, then, this Ibotta app review will be of great interest to you. In this review, you are going to find out what is Ibotta app? How to use it and save money? And know whether it is legit or a scam.
I have reviewed tons of cashback savings app but there is nothing that comes close to this one. I love this app so much that I have decided to have a review of it so more people can know about it and make some savings too. Let me delve into the meat of the matter without wasting any more time.
What is Ibotta App? An Overview
The Ibotta app is a cashback savings app that helps you to save some money when you do purchases. Why this app stands out from the rest is that it doesn’t matter whether you are purchasing in-store or online.
Ibotta has got extensive partnership deals with more than 1,500 different retailers and brands. The company has paid over $700 million in cash to many users since its inception in 2012.
You can earn instant cashback on produce such as cereal, meat, pet food, dairy, snacks, etc. There is also cashback on beer, wine liquor, clothing, and more. The best part is that it is not about garnering points or redeeming anything for cash. This app pays cash either through PayPal or Venmo. Paying with the app is another fast way to earn cashback.
The app is available for free on both Android and iOS devices. You can download it on Google Play Store and App Store. $10 is earned for just signing up.
How does the Ibotta app work?
Ibotta works with many retailers. These are both physical and online retailers. The savings made are added to your account balance. When the earnings get to $20, then, you can withdraw the cash from your PayPal or Venmo account. Your earnings can also be redeemed with gift cards.
How to use the Ibotta app to shop in-store?
You can earn cashback if you sign up for the Store Loyalty Programs offered on the Ibotta app. This is done by selecting some offers on the app, by making a payment with the app or submitting a receipt.
- Loyalty store shopping program
This is the easiest of them all. Offers are automatically redeemed. Ensure that you link up with the app using your details like phone number, account number, and email address. If you are yet to do that, you can register to be part of the loyalty program.
- Receipt submission and adding offers
This is how it works:
- Tap the app to open it
- Select “Find Offers”
- Choose a store you would love to visit
- Choose the offers that you like by clicking the + sign
- Complete the activity that the offers require of you. Activities include giving an answer to a poll question or watching a video
- Start to shop
- Submit your receipt using the Ibotta app. You can do this by clicking on “Redeem”
- Making payments with the Ibotta app
Another way to earn cashback is by using the Ibotta app to make a payment in-store. To make payment with the app, select your chosen store in the app, type in the amount you want to pay and a gift card code will be sent to you which you will have to present to the cashier.
It is important to note that not all stores accept this method of payment. Some of the stores that accept this include Walmart, Office Max, Lowe’s, Chipotle, Noble, Barnes, and Ulta Beauty.
Other ways of earning cashback using the Ibotta app
- Refer friends – Referral is another way to earn cash back on the app. The users are issued referral codes that can be shared with family and friends. You can earn $5 for everyone that is referred successfully.
- Earning of bonuses – You can earn bonuses by selecting some specified offers or shop in some stores.
- Additional bonuses – More bonuses can be earned by purchasing the same product many times.
How to sign up for the Ibotta app?
To sign up for Ibotta is super easy and it is free too. You can sign up through Facebook or go to https://ibotta.com/register and fill out a simple form that requires your first name, email address, password, date of birth, and zip code. When you are done, just click on “create account”.
Another way to sign up is to download the app from Google Play Store if you are using an Android device or the App Store if you have an iOS device.
Is it worth signing up for the Ibotta app?
The Ibotta app will be worth it for you if you like shopping and would love to make some cash from the money you spend while shopping.
But everything would depend on how much shopping you do. If you are not a regular shopper, then, the Ibotta app may not make any sense to you. However, if you an avid shopper, Ibotta will be worth it in the long run. It will also be rewarding if you shop on behalf of other people.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is the Ibotta app only meant for groceries?
Answer: No, the app is not meant for groceries alone. Cashback can be earned in other categories like pet food, makeup, vitamins, car rentals, hotels, electronics, wine, and liquor.
2. How do I get paid if I join the Ibotta app?
Answer: Your earnings show up in your Ibotta account in 48 hours. Cash can be withdrawn through PayPal or Venmo after earning at least $20.
3. Is there an expiration date for the cash I earn?
Answer: No, there is no expiration date for the cash earned. You can withdraw it at any time you want.
4. What are the apps similar to Ibotta?
Answer: There are plenty of apps similar to Ibotta but the two notable ones are Rakuten and Dosh.
5. What is the frequency of adding offers on the Ibotta app?
Answer: Offers are added very frequently.
6. Does Ibotta make money too?
Answer: Yes, Ibotta as a company makes money. The method of earning is similar to affiliate marketing. A cut is made from every product you purchase.
Who is it for?
The Ibotta app is for shoppers who want to make some savings on their daily purchases. It is also for people who are interested in making money online.
- Available for free
- Supports both Android and iOS devices
- $20 threshold for cash withdrawal
- You can earn by referring a friend
- Ease of use
- Payment through PayPal or Venmo
- Savings are both online and in-store
- Excellent support team
- The app tracks your location when you are shopping in-store
- Receipts must be uploaded to earn cashback
- Only available for United States of America residents
Legit or scam
Ibotta is not a scam. It is 100% legit and has paid out over $700 million in cash to its users.
Conclusion: Is the Ibotta app recommended?
Yes, the Ibotta app is highly recommended if you are interested in getting some cash back on your daily purchases whether in-store or online.