As many countries ease restrictions to movements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, activities in the travel industry will be in the upswing direction again. Hotel bookings will start to boom and one of the best online websites for hotel reservations is Hotels.com. In this post, I will tell you what is Hotels affiliate program so that you can make an informed decision on its earning opportunities and why you should promote Hotels.com
Unlike most hotel reservation websites where you can only book hotels, Hotels.com has country retreats, holiday homes, resorts and apartments that you can also book.
The global travel industry is worth more than $150 billion and the best way to have a slice of that is by becoming an affiliate. Hotels.com offers great commission for affiliates who are interested in making cool cash from the travel and tours industry. This is the time for experienced affiliate marketers to start earning good commissions.
You would also want to find out if the Hotels affiliate program is legit or a scam. So, let’s get started.
What is Hotels.com?
Established in 1991 as the Hotel Reservations Network, Hotels.com is a booking website where you can book hotels anywhere across the globe. The company is based in Dallas, Texas, United States of America.
What is Hotels affiliate program?
Hotels affiliate program is a program where you can make between 5% and 6% commission as an affiliate of Hotels.com. You can make a commission for every booking made by your customers.
The commission is very competitive and has a 30-days cookie period. The moment you sign up with an affiliate network like Commission Junction, you are ready to start getting commissions from every sale gotten from your website.
Travelers can book hotels through your website and you earn a commission once the booking has been confirmed.
Promoting Hotels.com is extremely easy with superior partner tools, banners, unending support, and constant promotion to help you convert your traffic to sales. The company has a partnership with more than 300,000 hotels spread across 19,000 locations worldwide.
If you are a travel blogger or V blogger, Hotels.com has an affiliate program where you can make consistent income as an affiliate.
How to become an affiliate of Hotels.com?
All the information you need to get started with the Hotels affiliate program is available in this section.
To become an affiliate, you will have to sign up with Commission Junction at https://www.cj.com/. It is easy and straightforward. Commission Junction is a trustworthy and reliable affiliate network.
Approved sources of promoting Hotels.com
There are approved ways of driving traffic to promote Hotels.com. Here are the allowed traffic sources:
- In-mobile apps
- Cashback offers
- Promotional codes
- Native advertising
Unapproved methods of driving traffic for Hotels.com
There are traffic methods that are not allowed by Hotels.com. Below are some of them:
- Contextual advertising
- Messengers such as Telegram, Viper, WhatsApp, etc.
- Social media networks targeted ads
- Adult traffic, etc.
How does the Hotels affiliate program work?
Hotels.com is in the business of booking hotels, apartments, resorts, and holiday homes in different countries of the world.
Hotels.com collects a certain amount of commission for listing these hotels on their website.
The percentage of commission that the company gets is not huge. There is a variation in the commission. This depends on the accommodation. This is why the affiliate commission also varies.
However, you can earn between 5% and 6% commission on the accommodation price and there is also 1% for gift cards. The proceeds are split into two halves. Hotels.com gets 50% and the affiliate also gets 50% of sales made from the affiliate’s referral link.
Your earning is recorded the moment the booking is made. Your commission is paid immediately after the guest has finished using his time at the hotel.
Payment is made directly to your bank account or Payoneer account.
Why promote Hotels.com?
There are plausible reasons why you need to promote Hotels.com. Below are some of the reasons:
- Availability of hundreds of hotels – Hotels.com has hundreds of hotels available worldwide for easy booking.
- 90 localized websites – Their website is in 90 localized versions with over 41 languages all over the world.
- Ease of use – Hotels.com is super easy to use. You can search for hotels quickly and efficiently to compare facilities and prices.
- Loyalty program – Hotels.com has a loyalty program where more than 10 million members can have a free night for every 10 nights booked.
- Responsive mobile app – The user-friendly and responsive mobile app has more than 40 million downloads. This makes booking very convenient and comfortable even on-the-go.
- Backed by Expedia Incorporated – Hotels.com is backed by Expedia Incorporated. Expedia Incorporated is a global travel agency with an extensive portfolio of some of the well-known brands in the world.
- Exclusive voucher codes – Hotels.com has exclusive voucher codes that come at competitive discounts for promotion on your website.
- Frequent promotions – There are frequent promotions, interesting deals, and sales to help you make some sales through your affiliate link.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the commission paid?
Answer: The commission is paid after the guest has checked out from the hotel.
2. What are the ways Hotels.com tracks bookings made by their affiliates?
Answer: Every affiliate has a unique tracking link. This tracking link contains a unique ID to identify your website. So, whenever there is a booking made through your ID, it will be recorded for you. It is that simple.
3. How can an affiliate monitor sales performance?
Answer: Sales performance can be monitored through your chosen affiliate network like Commission Junction. Once you login into your account, you will have access to detailed reporting that helps you monitor your performance. This gives you the analytical advantage to optimize and increase your conversion rate and meet your affiliate goals.
4. Hotels.com websites are available in how many languages?
Answer: It is available in 41 languages across more than 90 localized websites worldwide.
Who is it for?
It is for travel bloggers, travelers, social media influencers, affiliate marketers, and anyone interested in making some money online within a flexible schedule.
- You can earn a 5% to 6% commission for every sale made through your affiliate link.
- The website is easy to use and the affiliate program has got excellent tools to help you track your performance.
- The mobile app comes with a user-friendly interface.
- The cookie lasts for 30 days.
- They have a dedicated support team.
- Affiliates can cash in on their deals and promotions to make some sales.
- The booking website targets the whole world; not a particular location.
- The hotel accommodation rates are very competitive.
- There is access to global hotel inventory.
- You have access to high converting affiliate tools like widgets, banners and links.
- There is high competition in the hotel booking website business.
- The commission is not the same. It varies from one accommodation to the other.
- If a customer books using a promo code, the commission comes down to 2.4%.
Legit or scam
Hotels.com and its affiliate program are legit. Thousands of people book accommodations on the website whenever they are traveling abroad. The company is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is the Hotels affiliate program recommended?
Hotels affiliate program is highly recommended if you are looking for a way to make money online by earning commissions through your affiliate link.