The smartphone can do a lot of amazing things beyond just making calls and sending SMS. One of such amazing things is that you can make passive income with your phone using an app like Fronto. In this post, I will tell you what is Fronto App, how does it work, and its pros and cons. You will also find out if Fronto App is legit or a scam.
What is Fronto App?
Fronto is a mobile app that pays users money for unlocking their smartphone screen. There are different rewards you can earn apart from cash for just using your Android smartphone regularly.
As you start using the app, you will start earning points which can be exchanged for Amazon, Target, Walmart, iTunes, or PayPal gift cards.
Fronto App Overview
Fronto was founded in November 2012 by Kelly McGrath and Luke Ahn. It was launched in the United States in May 2014. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA.
Fronto is the foremost mobile lock screen media in the world. The company displays curated ads, promos, and others on users’ lock screens. With Fronto, you can put your phone to work by waking up every day to read trending articles, earn rewards, learn about new promotional deals and download interesting coupons.
To earn with the Fronto app is simple. Just unlock your phone’s screen and swipe to left or right.
How does Fronto App work?
You will find all the information that you need to get started with the Fronto app in this section. Below are a few steps on how the Fronto app works:
- Download the app – The very first step to take if you want to start earning points using the Fronto app is to download and install the app. It is no longer available on the Google Play Store but you can download it here https://fronto.en.uptodown.com/android/download.
- Sign up – After installing the app, the next thing is to sign up and create your profile by providing your name and email address. Once you complete the profile, you will earn 500 points instantly.
- Locking and unlocking your smartphone – Anytime your device is unlocked, Fronto will display different ads, promotions, coupons, news articles, etc. All you just have to do is to view these ads and earn yourself some points.
- Redeem your earnings – The last step is to redeem your earnings after accumulating some points. You can get paid in cash or Amazon gift cards. Payment is done through PayPal. So, you must have a verified PayPal account.
How will you get paid by Fronto?
When you have accumulated up to 25,000 points, you can request cash payment or a gift card. The payment is done in real-time. You can only receive cash payments through PayPal. If you choose a gift card, you will get a code to receive your gift card from Amazon, Walmart, Target, or other partners.
How much can be earned with the Fronto app?
The amount you can earn from the Fronto app will depend on how frequently you use the app. You won’t earn much if you use it casually.
If you swipe the app to the left and interact with the content, you will earn between 20 and 100 points. This also depends on the type of content that you interact with. Normally, 25,000 points will earn you $10. So, it will take a long time to accumulate up to 25,000 points even if you use the app daily.
You can also increase your earnings by referring your friends and family members. 0.50 cents is earned per referral. The more people you refer, the more you earn.
Is Fronto App worth the time?
The Fronto app will be worth your time if you are consistent. This means you have to use the app every day by checking for ads and swiping them to earn points. You can earn a minimum of $20 per month. This amount won’t take you far if you have a lot of bills to pay. So, you have to augment by downloading other apps that pay money like Swagbucks, InboxDollars, Survey Junkie, and others.
What makes Fronto app different from other phone swipe rewards programs?
The Fronto app is quite different from other apps because apart from earning points for rewards, you also keep yourself informed with the news articles displayed on your phone’s screen.
Complaints about Fronto App
There are a few complaints that users have made concerning the app. Here are some of the complaints:
- You won’t find a lot of ads displayed on your phone which limits your earnings
- There are some non-paying ads that the app displays. This means you won’t get paid for clicking on those ads.
- The Fronto app is not rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This reduces the credibility of the app in some ways.
- The pay is extremely low. This means you cannot quit your job for it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does one start using the Fronto app?
Answer: To start using the app, you have to download it at https://fronto.en.uptodown.com/android/download and register as a user. After that, you will start looking out for ads and swipe the screen to earn some points.
- Does the Fronto app make money too?
Answer: Yes, the Fronto app makes a lot of money by allowing advertisers to place their ads on your phone’s screen.
- What are the alternatives to the Fronto app?
Answer: There are a few alternatives to the Fronto app. Some of them are ScreenPay, AdMe, and SlideJoy. So, if you like the idea of making money from unlocking apps, downloading other apps can increase your earnings.
- Can I redeem my points with gift cards?
Answer: Yes, you can redeem your points with gift cards if you don’t want cash. There are different gift cards like Amazon, Google Play, Target, and Walmart.
Who is it for?
The Fronto app is for anyone who wants to make money online using their smartphones. This makes it perfect for students, nursing mothers, and the unemployed.
- To use the app is free of charge
- You earn from an extremely easy task
- The app is simple and very user-friendly
- Points can be redeemed in cash with PayPal
- Low payout threshold of $10
- The payout is quick and prompt
- You can redeem your earning in exchange for cash or Amazon gift cards
- Huge 500 points upon registration
- Not available for iPhone and iPad users
- Only available to residents of the United States.
- One account per device. You cannot open multiple accounts on one device.
- Low earnings
- The app is not available on Google Play Store
- Payment is only through PayPal
Legit or scam
Fronto app is a legit app and not a scam. The company has paid out over $5 million to more than 9 million users since its inception. The drawbacks are that the app is only available to United States of America residents.
Conclusion: Is Fronto App recommended?
Yes, Fronto is highly recommended if you are looking for a way to earn passive income with your smartphone. But, note that Fronto won’t replace your day job. It is just a side hustle that could take care of some of your bills.
The Fronto app is not recommended for you if you think it is a get-rich-quick scheme. You can only make a decent amount over some time if you unlock your screen daily.