Email marketing can be an expensive venture if you don’t have a big budget close to your chest. This is because most of the tools are very expensive. In most cases, you have to keep trying out different tools until you get the one that meets your needs. Firedrum email marketing has come to accommodate new internet marketers who cannot afford a big budget. So, what is Firedrum email marketing?
Firedrum is not just cheap and affordable but also effective and efficient in driving your marketing campaigns. In comparison with the other tools like MailChimp, Aweber, and GetResponse, Firedrum can hold its own as a functional email marketing software.
This Firedrum review is to help you know more about the tool. After reading the review, I am sure you will be well informed to make the right decision without emptying your pocket.
New to Email Marketing?
What is Firedrum email marketing?
Firedrum is an email marketing tool designed for businesses and organizations of different sizes.
The Firedrum editor comes with a drag and drop interface to make it easy to design your email messages or campaigns.
The fact that it is integrated with Pixabay makes it stands out from the crowd. This means you can add images to your template design without going back and forth on Google searching for images.
It has a list management feature that allows you to import .CSV files and a segmented list can be created based on the location or age of your customers or subscribers.
The most interesting part is that Firedrum is available for free for a lifetime.
How does Firedrum work?
Firedrum is simple and easy to use. Just go to the website at https://firedrumemailmarketing.com/ and click on “Sign Up Free” to get started.
It has an account dashboard that helps you to track your campaign activities with a real-time report.
Features of Firedrum Email Marketing Tool
Firedrum has done well to offer some really cool email marketing features at the lowest price. Following are some of them:
Email template design – Firedrum allows you to design with their drag and drop tool. It builds mobile-responsive emails that are compatible with different browsers and devices.
There are also many free templates that can be customized if you don’t feel like designing an email from the scratch.
Email previews – After designing your emails, you can preview them with 61 browsers, tablets, and smartphones. This helps you and your team to improve the user’s experience and have email campaigns that are very effective.
Engagement tools – With Firedrum, your email campaign can get up to a 50% open rate. This is made possible by the OpenBoost automation that resends emails automatically as reminders to contacts that have not opened their email messages for the first time.
Another engagement tool is the SmartClean. The tool automatically isolates contacts that are not engaging with your email messages leaving you with contacts that engage with your emails.
There is also the Auto Post tool that posts automatically to different social media platforms.
Contact list management – Import and export your contact list without stress. Firedrum has got unlimited custom lists and fields to accommodate the importation and exportation of contact lists.
You can view and sort your contact list based on open and click rates. This is something you cannot find with any other email service provider. The history of each contact can also be viewed too.
Integrated images – There would never be any need to search for images on Google or any other search engine.
This is because Firedrum is integrated with Pixabay in the Email Studio when designing an email.
The interesting part is that the images have been resized automatically to fit perfectly. You can upload and edit an unlimited number of images without any copyright issues.
Automation – A/B campaigns can be created with variations in content and subjects. With the AutoSender tool, email messages can be sent to subscribers immediately after they subscribe to your list.
Emails can also be triggered automatically when opened or clicked. Recurring emails can be set automatically. They could be sent out daily, weekly, or monthly.
Reporting – The Firedrum report is in real-time. It provides you with a report that tracks and compares individual email contact engagement or campaigns. You can also see the reports on the interactive graphs.
The software integrates with the following apps:
- Google Analytics
Firedrum pricing and plans
The pricing comes with three plans – Beginner, Business, and Enterprise.
- Beginner – This is a completely free plan with 100 contacts and 500 emails monthly. It is for one user.
- Business – It costs $5 monthly with 500 contacts and unlimited emails per month. It has a maximum of 5 users.
- Enterprise – You will need to ask for a quote from Firedrum since the price is not stated. But it has unlimited users, accounts, and 500 contacts.
Can I make money with Firedrum email marketing?
Yes, you can make money with Firedrum by setting an engaging and conversion-based email campaign. The email marketing and engagement features can boost your subscriber’s list which in turn can become your regular customers/buyers.
The other way of making money is by selling Firedrum as an affiliate. To join the affiliate program and get your unique link, go to https://firedrumemailmarketing.com/partner-program/ to register.
You can get as much as 30% of your client’s first payment with a monthly recurring commission.
Firedrum and MailChimp comparison
- Firedrum is integrated with an image database called Pixabay while MailChimp has nothing like that.
- Firedrum resends emails automatically to contacts that have never engaged with your emails while you don’t have such feature with MailChimp.
- MailChimp is outrageously expensive. While 500 contacts cost $5 monthly with Firedrum, the same costs $710 monthly with MailChimp.
- MailChimp integrates with PayPal while Firedrum doesn’t.
- Both have free versions with a 500 contacts limitation
- They both have A/B testing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Firedrum offer API?
Answer: Yes, it does offer API.
2. Does Firedrum support any CMS?
Answer: It supports WordPress.
3. What languages does Firedrum support in their product?
Answer: It supports only English.
4. Does Firedrum offer a free trial?
Answer: Yes, it offers both a free trial and a free version.
5. What type of users and organizations is Firedrum suitable for?
Answer: It is suitable for freelancers, nonprofits, government, small, medium, and large organizations.
- Cheap & affordable: It is free for a lifetime with no credit card required. Although it has limited features, there are not many platforms in the email marketing segment that offer their services free forever. The paid plan starts at $5 per month which is one of the cheapest.
- Usability: Firedrum has a simple user interface. It does not require any technical knowledge or expertise in setting up your email campaigns. It is good for both beginners and experts alike.
- Responsive customer service: There are multiple support channels to resolve your queries. You get phone, email, and live chat at every step. Firedrum customer service is very responsive and helpful to make your email marketing campaign perfect. Good customer support is a must-have feature to run your email campaign undisturbed.
- Great email features: There are many editable email templates with a WYSIWYG email editor to jumpstart your campaigns. The platform is well-designed for your contacts in .CSV format that can be imported with ease. The integration with Pixabay is useful to insert your favorite images without any issues. A/B testing and reporting analytics are great features to plan your future campaigns.
- High deliverability rate: The deliverability of emails is very good owing to engaging automation tools. The OpenBoost feature ensures high open rates and engagements. There is no manual effort in eliminating the non-engaging customer’s thanks to its SmartClean option. The high number of engagements ensures that you are sending the right emails, at the right time that improves deliverability and open rates.
- Confusing dashboard: The dashboard is too clustered. It may get overwhelming and a bit confusing for individuals using it the first time.
- No round-the-clock support: No customer support during weekends. Though not necessary but it can hamper your campaign proceedings and engagement with customers.
- No transactional email options: This should be included as it helps your future campaigns when the number of subscribers grows.
- Reports are not 100% correct: This is a big drawback. If the numbers are not accurate you may fail to recognize the opportunities to improve your emails affecting engagement and conversions.
Conclusion: Is Firedrum email marketing recommended?
Firedrum is a prayer answered for many businesses that cannot afford the big names like MailChimp and Aweber. $5 per month is a reasonable price for anyone to afford. It functions so well with a high deliverability rate.
Apart from the pricing, another thing that makes Firedrum thick is its integration with Pixabay. This eliminates the need to search for images on Google.
Some other outstanding features include the ability to preview your designed email message with 61 browsers, apps, and smartphones. You cannot get this with any email service provider. Contacts can also be exported and imported.
Firedrum has its flaws that are manageable. Overall, Firedrum is an email marketing tool I would recommend to anyone that wants to start email campaigns in a cost-effective and efficient way.