Many more health-conscious people are taking to natural products and this includes essential oils. Going natural for most people comes from the realization that orthodox medicine comes with a lot of chemicals and can be harmful to the body. So, when it comes to natural products like essential oils, doTERRA is well-known. You may have seen or taken some of their products. Am sure you liked them. The interesting part is that there is an opportunity to make good money selling doTERRA natural products through their MLM program. In this review, I will tell you what is doTERRA MLM, how does it work, and how you can make money selling their products.
What is doTERRA MLM? An Overview
doTERRA is a multi-level marketing company that produces and sells a wide range of healthcare and wellness products like essential oils and supplements through multilevel marketing.
Founded in 2008 by Gregory Cook, David Hill, David Stirling, Mark Wolfert, and Emily Wright, doTERRA has leapfrogged into a company that rakes in close to two billion dollars per year.
Three of the founders were once employees of Young Living.
doTERRA was once sued by Young Living alleging its former employees went away with their trade secrets. The case was settled in 2014.
How does the doTERRA MLM work?
doTERRA works like every other multilevel marketing company. It is strictly a commission-based business. You are offered a 20% commission if you join the MLM platform as a “Wellness Advocate”.
How can I join doTERRA MLM?
To join the doTERRA MLM, you will have to visit the website at https://www.doterra.com/US/en/, scroll down to click “Find a Wellness Advocate” and fill out the simple form.
You can have your wholesale account set up for just $35. But the $35 cost would be waived aside if you purchase one of their starter packs that range between $150 and $275.
doTERRA Compensation Plan
As a Wellness Advocate, you will get a website plus a 20% commission.
The first thing is to decide whether to join doTERRA as a Wholesale Customer or Wellness Advocate. If you join as a Wellness Advocate, you have to maintain at least 100 PV on the Loyalty Rewards Program.
Another incentive program is the “Power of 3”. This is designed for distributors to build their business structure within the doTERRA business.
To cut it short, you will get some money when three people are sponsored by you to enroll in the Loyalty Rewards Program.
Those three persons sponsored by you would have to sponsor three persons down the line like that.
If the people you sponsored are having 100 PV monthly and the entire team has reached 600 PV monthly, then, you would qualify for a $50 bonus.
Can I make money with the doTERRA MLM?
Yes, there is money to be made when you become a Wellness Advocate. As a customer, you can make some money by having a reasonable profit margin for products that you sell.
For instance, you can buy a frankincense essential oil product at say $20 and sell it for $30. That is a profit margin of $10.
But as a Wellness Advocate, you can earn a lot more by recruiting people into your team and earn a 20% commission for every product sold by your team member.
You can sell the products in any natural setting like parties, groceries stores or stir up a conversation with anyone who knows the importance of essential oils. Selling on social media or within your circle is also allowed.
Are the doTERRA products safe and organic?
Yes, the essential oils are 100% safe and completely organic.
Is doTERRA a pyramid scheme?
No, it is not a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme is where there are no products to sell but the promoters of the business are making bogus claims of helping people to earn money.
Is doTERRA MLM free to join?
No, It takes $35 to join the doTERRA MLM.
Is doTERRA MLM a scam?
You must be extremely careful when you want to join any MLM platform. Most MLM companies have a “use and dump” mentality.
MLM is the den of scammers. But the doTERRA MLM is tested and trusted. The company has been in operation since 2008. This means it is dependable and not a scam.
- Scientifically researched – The use of essential oils has been validated by scientific research. This makes it more and more compelling for people to use natural products like the essential oils made by doTERRA.
- High-quality products – All the essential oil products sold by doTERRA are of high quality. This guarantees that users would repeat their purchase and the company would earn more money.
- Healthy company – The devil is in the detail. So, it is the revenue made yearly that one is going to use to evaluate the financial health of the business. In this case, doTERRA is healthy since it makes close to two billion dollars yearly.
- Highly versatile – Essential oils can be used for different things. It translates to more sales for the distributors of the products.
- Tilting towards natural and organic health products – Many people are beginning to switch to a natural and organic health solution to avoid the toxins that come with orthodox drugs. And in truth, this is the feature of health and wellness. Natural products would gain more momentum soon.
- Support system – doTERRA has an excellent support system for its distributors. There are plenty of articles and videos to help one understand how the business operates. It also includes business education and tools to enhance distributors’ businesses.
- No geographic boundary – The fact that doTERRA products can be shipped to other parts of the world means the company is also making sales internationally; and not just in the United States.
- Fast start bonus – It offers a 20% commission to distributors who sign up new referrals. The commission is taken from the sales volume of the recruits for the first 60 days.
- Loyalty rewards program – The Loyalty Rewards Program is where customers can earn between 10% and 30% points.
- Downline issues – This is a recurring issue with MLM companies. After paying for starter kits, you would still need to recruit people mostly your family and friends so you can earn a commission for each of their sales. This is a tough task for most people.
- Issues with the FDA – doTERRA has run into a serious battle with the Food and Drugs Administration over bogus claims about their products. FDA always sanctions MLM companies that promote their products as the solution to all illnesses.
- Expensive products – The retail price of the products are on the high side.
Conclusion: Is doTERRA MLM recommended?
If you have a white-collar job and contemplating starting your business, the idea of joining an MLM company like doTERRA may look attractive. But you have to think it through. It is not an hourly-paid job where you already know how much you would earn after eight hours.
MLM is a world filled with uncertainties. But you could get lucky if the company has good products to sell. This is where doTERRA is outstanding. The products are good and that makes it easy.
Recruitment is another aspect you must consider. No one succeeds with MLM without recruiting enthusiastic people. You have to think of all these factors before you join any MLM company.