It doesn’t hurt to earn cashback when you are shopping. There are many cash back apps out there that offer cash back on your purchases but it is somewhat difficult to use some of these apps. They either require coupons or scanning of receipts. I just discovered a straightforward cashback app with no hassles. It is called Dosh and I have decided to make a review of it so that more people can know about it and enjoy its benefits. In this post, you will know what is Dosh App, how does it work, and how to earn cash back with Dosh App.
What is Dosh App?
Dosh is a cash-back app that gives you automatic cash back for your shopping, hotel booking, and travel. You can earn as much as 10% cashback when you choose to shop with Dosh retail partners and merchants. For hotel stays, you will earn up to 40% cashback.
The company has a wide range of merchants including Nike, Walmart.com, Home Depot, PetSmart, Office Depot, Safeway, Walgreens, Overstock.com, Staples, Pizza Hut, Disney, GNC, Sephora, etc.
The best part is that it requires no coupons, no promo codes, and no receipts scanning. Just link your debit or credit card, do your shopping and earn cash back in return. It is that simple and straightforward.
What is Dosh? An Overview
Dosh was founded in 2016 and has grown tremendously to become one of the top competitors in the cashback business. The company is located in Austin, Texas, United States.
It combines top deals from different local retailers, restaurants, and big savings from hotels to give participants instant cashback. The cashback goes straight into your Dosh account without following any procedures or protocols.
Purchases can be made in-store or online. If you save up to $25, you can cash out using PayPal, Venmo, or your bank account. There is also the option of giving out all accumulated earnings to the charity organization of your choice.
How Dosh app works and different ways of earning cashback
All the information that you need to start using Dosh is available in this section.
To start earning with the Dosh app, you will have to go to Google Play Store or Apple Store to download the app. You can also visit the website at https://www.dosh.com/, drop your cursor on “earn cashback” and click “get started”.
Linking your debit or credit card
The next thing after downloading the app is to link all your credit and debit cards. The platform is very secure using encryption technology. For now, Dosh has got compatibility with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Shop online or in-stores
After linking your cards, the next thing is to start shopping either online or in-stores. There are offers every day from different merchants. You can browse these offers to see what a merchant close to you is offering. This is not like the other cashback program where you have to activate cashback offers just to get a bonus. For Dosh, just start to shop and earn cash back automatically.
You will get huge cashback on hotel reservations. If you book your next stay in a hotel using the Dosh app, you will earn up to 40% cashback. This is great for most travelers. For every offer, you will see the amount of cashback you will earn even before choosing it.
Note that the hotel reservations made through Dosh are non-refundable and reservation dates cannot be changed.
Referring your friends and family members to the platform is another way to earn some cash from Dosh. You will earn $5 per person if you refer someone to the platform.
How to redeem your earnings
As you earn cashback, your available balance is seen in your Dosh wallet. You will also see the shopping that you did to earn the amount. You have to earn a minimum of $25 before you can cash out with PayPal, Venmo, or directly from your bank account.
Dosh customer support
Their customer support needs a lot of improvement. There is no chat, phone, or email support. If you want to ask a question, you will be taken to the “Contact Us” page. You will find many inquiries there and you will have to check all the inquiries to see if it is similar to the question you want to ask.
If you are not satisfied, then, you can submit your request through the email ticketing section on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Dosh app safe to use?
Answer: Yes, it is safe to use the Dosh app. Your card information is not stored. All the transactions are encrypted to make the platform very safe for users. There is also the use of two-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access to your Dosh account.
2. Is Dosh rated by Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
Answer: Yes, Dosh is rated A+ by BBB.
3. Does Dosh also earn money by offering cashback?
Answer: Yes, Dosh earns money as an affiliate marketer. This means that the merchants pay them for encouraging shoppers to spend their money on the Dosh app so that merchants can increase their sales. Dosh earns a cut for every item you buy from the app. The commission made by Dosh is split between you and Dosh.
4. Does Dosh require the scanning of receipts?
Answer: No, it doesn’t require the scanning of receipts. Earning is automatic immediately you purchase with your linked credit or debit card.
Who is it for?
Dosh is for shoppers who would love to earn cash back for their purchases whether online or in-store.
- Easy to earn cashback – Dosh is perhaps one the easiest cash back apps I have ever seen. There are no dramas like saving or scanning receipts or using a browser extension to shop. All you need to do is just link your cards and start earning cashback. It is so easy and simple.
- Flexible rewards – It can be agonizing to see that gift cards are the only ways you can redeem your cashback. Dosh is completely different. You can earn real cash into your bank account or through PayPal.
- Three payment options – This is not like most of the cashback apps where you can only cash out through PayPal. Dosh allows you to cash out with Venmo or your bank account.
- Over 15,000 retailers – You can earn cashback with a wide range of retailers. You cannot go wrong with 15,000 retailers and restaurants.
- 40% cashback – You earn up to a 40% discount on hotel stays. This would depend on the type of hotel. This is a huge saving by any standard.
- Low referral reward – Dosh offers a low referral reward of just $5 compared to Rakuten that offers up to $25 for each referral.
- Limited income opportunities – Many of the other cash back apps allow you to earn extra cash from watching videos, reading emails, and playing games. This is not the case with Dosh.
- Restricted to the United States – Dosh is only available to users in the United States. No other country can participate for now.
- Not all cards are allowed – You cannot link a Discover card to your Dosh account. This is not good news for people using a Discover card.
- Card payments – Users can only pay using their credit or debit card. You cannot pay with cash or PayPal.
Legit or scam
Dosh is a legit company offering cashback on shopping made online or in-stores. It is not a scam at all.
Conclusion: Is the Dosh App recommended?
Yes, it is recommended if you would love to earn cashback anytime you shop with Dosh partners and merchants.