What is Benchmark Email?
Benchmark Email is a powerful and intuitive email marketing tool that is easy and quick to use. The installation of the program can be done without the need to study training manuals. That is how easy it is.
Benchmark Email is robust in terms of features but it lacks the level of segmentation that is seen in other tools like SendinBlue and Aweber. But one thing that is going for it though is that the software company has excellent customer engagement and you can create beautiful emails using the editor.
Its user experience is strong and exceptional with well-organized navigation. For those on budget, Benchmark Email offers a free version that lacks some features like A/B testing and auto-responder but the paid version provides great value for money. It offers more than 1,500 integrations.
Benchmark Email Overview
Benchmark Email was established in the year 2004 as an internet-based email marketing company by Denise and Curt Keller. It offers both free and paid versions of the tool. Its headquarters is situated in California, USA.
The company has more than 100 employees in different countries such as Mexico, Japan, India, Germany, Mainland China, Italy, Brazil, Taiwan, and other locations. It is interesting to know that Benchmark Email offers support in 9 different languages.
The company has got a charitable spirit since its inception. It has a 25% discount for all nonprofit organizations and there is no charge for organizations that serve children such as YMCA and Girl Scouts.
Benchmark Email Features
Benchmark Email is rated high when it comes to contact management features and functionality in email creation. There are many features that make it thick. Let’s see some of them.
Email editor – With the email editor, the creation of emails is well simplified. There is the option to use a drag and drop editor, code the email, or even make use of a plain text editor. The next prompt will be to add your subject line.
The step-by-step method helps you in the completion of the necessary steps involved in the creation of an email. There is also a checklist for you to complete before you send the email.
This makes it similar to the process in MailChimp. The steps are something inexperienced email marketers would love.
Then, recipients can be selected from your email list. Individuals can also be excluded from the list.
A variety of email templates – There is a wide range of email templates to choose from if you don’t feel like designing an email yourself. These templates suit different purposes. All of the templates are easily customizable.
You can edit, delete and add navigation bars, buttons, videos, images, and more. Optimizing the email is simple. Subject lines are suggested based on your previous campaigns. You are allowed to send text emails to be sure the mail will end up in the recipient’s inbox.
Contact management – There are different ways that the Benchmark Email allows you to add contacts. It can be done manually, you can upload the list, import it from other tools, or copy and paste it from a Notepad or Word document.
With the Benchmark Email, your contact list can be grown by creating a sign-up form. But it is a process that will be a bit difficult for beginners. Email list cleanup is also possible. You can remove an email address based on bounce rate, unsubscribe, and inactive people who don’t open their emails.
Auto-responders – The auto-responder feature is not available on the free version and its implementation is broken down into convenient steps. You have to start by choosing a list, followed by the trigger and the type of time delay you like. After doing all these, then, you can add the emails to each of the lists created.
Ease of use – The ease of use of the Benchmark Email cannot be overemphasized. The tool is designed in such a way that all the tasks are broken down into manageable parts. You can see the next task after completing the previous one. This is why the tool is easier to use than other tools.
Benchmark pricing and plans
Benchmark Email has three plans – free, pro, and enterprise:
- Free Plan – The free plan comes at no cost and with it; you can only send 250 emails per month.
- Pro Plan – The pro plan allows you to send unlimited emails at $13 per month
- Enterprise Plan – The price of this plan is not stated. You have to call customer care or support to get the details. It is a high priority service.
How to sign up for Benchmark Email
It is easy to sign up for the Benchmark Email to start your marketing campaigns. Just go to https://www.benchmarkemail.com/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the support options offered by Benchmark Email?
Answer: Benchmark Email support options are through the phone, email, and 24/7 live chat.
2. Is auto-responder possible with Benchmark Email?
Answer: Yes, it is available only for the paid version.
3. How many emails can one send with the free version?
Answer: You can send just 250 emails per month.
Who is it for?
Benchmark Email is ideal for inexperienced marketers who are new to the world of email marketing. This is because of its ease of use. It is also for experienced email marketers who want to have robust email designs.
- Simple and intuitive editor – The Benchmark Email editor is a breeze. The editor has got all the elements that you need to design a beautiful newsletter.
- Flexible templates – The flexibility of the Benchmark Email templates make it outstanding. You will find a variety of templates that suit your style and idea.
- Great automation – Benchmark Email has a deep marketing automation system that allows you to set up email campaigns that are based on customer’s behaviors. It can be used to generate leads and also do a follow-up on the abandoned cart.
- The high number of integrations – You cannot go wrong with Benchmark Email with over 1,500 integrations. It integrates perfectly with WordPress, Facebook, Google, PayPal, Shopify app, LiveChat, LinkedIn, eBay, WooCommerce, and more.
- Quick setup – There is no time to waste when it comes to setting up and customizing the program. Setup is quick and easy so you can face the other business of the day.
- Deliverability problems – Benchmark Email has issues with deliverability. In our deliverability tests, some of the emails sent out were flagged as spam.
- Charges for file storage – Benchmark Email offers ridiculously little space for file storage and you have to pay to upgrade.
Legit or scam
Benchmark Email is a company offering email marketing services at a decent price. The company is 100% legit. It is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is Benchmark email marketing recommended?
Yes, it is recommended if:
You want a simple newsletter tool – Benchmark Email is simple and easy to use. It has a clean design and excellent navigation alongside an intuitive editor. It is the right choice for beginners and people who want to avoid complex email marketing tools.
No, not recommended if:
You don’t want to spend a dime on a newsletter tool – Though, Benchmark Email provides a free version that allows you to send 250 emails per month for free. The limitations that come with it may make you upgrade to a paid version. So, this tool is not made for you if you don’t want to pay and move to an upgraded version.