Social media is the big deal when it comes to promoting your business, products, or brand. A huge budget is always set aside on a monthly basis for adverts and campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. But the most affordable alternative which is email marketing has always been overlooked. Email marketing is an excellent way to generate leads and increase sales. What is the best email marketing tool? There are many of them but I will be introducing Aweber. Apart from being a great email service provider, you can also make money with the Aweber affiliate program by becoming an affiliate partner. In this article, I will tell you about the Aweber email marketing tool and you will also get to know what is Aweber affiliate program.
Aweber is a top contender in the email marketing industry. If you don’t have the kind of budget deployed for social media marketing, your best alternative will be email marketing. Sit back and relax, as I give you all the information you need to succeed with Aweber email marketing in this post.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and join the program I will earn a small commission with no extra cost to you.
What is Aweber Email Marketing? An Overview
Aweber is an email marketing program you can use to design and send HTML newsletters to your email lists.
The tool has some interesting features like auto-responder, page builder, nice integrations with third-party apps, marketing automation, split testing, reporting, opt-in, data segmentation, and many more.
Founded in 1998, Aweber has got over 350,000 individuals and businesses on its platform sending close to a million emails per day.
What is Aweber Affiliate program?
Aside from being a user of the Aweber tool, you can also make money as an affiliate partner.
Who is an affiliate partner?
An affiliate partner is someone who has joined the Aweber affiliate program to promote the company’s products for the purpose of earning commissions from products sold. You can earn as much as 30% commission for every product bought through your affiliate link. This is a good way to make some residual income.
Features of Aweber
Here are all the details you need to get started.
- Plenty of email templates – Aweber has some of the best HTML email templates you can find in the industry. There are more than 700 templates. This helps you to jumpstart your email designs by just tweaking some of the designs. In comparison with other email marketing platforms, it is the best. GetResponse has 220 email templates, MailChimp comes with 80, and Campaign Monitor has got 50.
- All-responsive email designs – The fact that all the email templates are responsive is a big advantage. They all resize perfectly on different devices to suit the size of any of these devices. The mobile version can be previewed so you know how it looks like before sending it.
- Web fonts – Not many email marketing platforms support web fonts. This is where Aweber stands out. Instead of using the usual fonts like Times New Roman, Arial, or Book Antique, you can use web fonts such as Arvo, Lato, Lora, Roboto, and Open Sans to make your brand stand out.
- Auto-responder – An auto-responder is a function that triggers automatically due to a user’s action.
- Marketing automation – This is where you create a flowchart to send emails based on the actions of the users. Such actions may include website visits, click rates, email open rates, etc.
- Opt-in advantage – Opt-in is a useful function in email marketing. Aweber provides you with two options. It is either you allow users to subscribe by filling a simple form or you add email confirmation before completing the registration progress.
- Integration with third-party apps – Aweber email marketing tool integrates perfectly with third-party apps like WordPress, Blogger, PayPal, Wix, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Prestashop, Stripe, etc.
Aweber pricing and plans
The Free Plan is for between 0 and 500 subscribers with limited features while the Pro Plan is categorized based on the range of emails you can send.
- Between 0 and 500 send emails is $19/month
- Between 510 and 2,500 send emails is $29/month
- Between 2501 and 5,000 send emails is $49/month
- Between 5001 and 10,000 send emails is $69/month
- Between 10,001 and 25,000 send emails is $149/month
How much commission does Aweber pay?
The good thing about the Aweber affiliate commission is that it is a recurring one. This means that the commission is not a one-time thing. You will earn a 30% commission consistently from any payments made by your referral. For instance, the lowest-paid plan is $19 per month. So, if you refer someone and the person pays $19 monthly, it means you will earn $6 on a monthly basis.
How to sign up for Aweber and its affiliates?
How does Aweber pay affiliates?
Affiliates are paid on the first day of the month. You must make at least $30 before you are paid through PayPal. The threshold for non-American residents is $50. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can receive your payment in a cheque.
Tools for promoting Aweber as an affiliate
There are different tools you can use to promote Aweber as an affiliate. These tools can potentially help you get the very first purchase. Below are the three tools:
- Affiliate link – Your affiliate link which a link that is personal to you is the best tool to use. It includes your affiliate ID. When someone clicks on this link, it takes the person to the Aweber website.
- Affiliate banners – This is another tool for the promotion of Aweber as an affiliate partner. There are plenty of banners to choose from. They come in several shapes, styles, and sizes. If you want one that fits the footer, sidebar, or that aligns with your content, it is very much available. Just copy the HTML code and include it in your website HTML code section where you want the banner to appear on the frontend.
- Video ads – Video ads in affiliate marketing is not a usual occurrence. But Aweber has video ads you can use to promote your affiliate ID and sell the tool. The video ad can be embedded in a particular section of your website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do I have to be a user of Aweber to become an affiliate partner?
Answer: No, but it is recommended. It is good to be a user of the tool so as to be familiar with it. Knowing how it works makes it easier for you to recommend it to your audience.
2. Can my referral ID be used on my own Aweber account?
Answer: No, it is not allowed. It is a violation of the program.
3. Can I get paid in a different currency?
Answer: No, payments are made in dollars.
Who is it for?
It is for email marketers, affiliate marketers, network marketers, internet marketers, bloggers, website designers, online shop owners, and anyone interested in making money online with the Aweber affiliate program.
- The system is very affordable starting from $19 per month
- There is a free plan
- The tool has a built-in landing page builder
- As an affiliate partner, you can earn recurring 30% commissions for a lifetime from a customer that keeps paying for the email marketing service.
- Excellent support through the phone, email, and live chat.
- The cookie lasts for one year
- To join the affiliate program is free
- There is customer referral tracking
- Commission payment is only through PayPal and cheque.
Legit or scam
Aweber and its affiliate program are 100% legit. They are not a scam.
Conclusion: Is the Aweber Email Marketing and Affiliate Program recommended?
Yes, they are highly recommended if you want a reliable email marketing system to increase leads or need an affiliate program that pays promptly.