Just like Mary Kay, the mention of Avon reminds you of lipsticks, perfume bottles, catalogs, and many more. If you are a lover of sales and cosmetics, the Avon MLM could be the business opportunity you have been waiting for. The good thing about the business is that it is not gender-specific. The program has something for both men and women. In this article, I will be taking a closer look at Avon as a company and the opportunities therein. You will find out what is Avon MLM and if it is legit or a scam. Without much ado, let’s get started.
New to MLM?
Read: What is MLM Business?
What is Avon?
Avon is a multi-level marketing company established in the year 1886. The founder, David H. McDonnell was a door-to-door salesperson. He started by selling books in the 1880s before going into the business of selling perfumes.
Located in London, England, Avon has more than 6 million sales representatives worldwide with recruitment centers in major cities of the world. Avon is quoted on the New York Stock Exchange.
In the recent past, Avon participated in a few mergers and acquisitions. It has experienced a fair share of financial struggles too. Avon separated its business in Puerto Rico, Canada, and the USA and named it New Avon LLC while the global brand was named Avon Products.
Avon Products is based in the UK while LG Household and Healthcare, a South Korean company purchased The North American arm of New Avon LLC.
What is Avon MLM?
If you are looking for an MLM program that has a balanced approach to sales and recruitment, then, Avon MLM is the program you need to consider that has been in the business of personal care, beauty, and household products.
Industry-wise, Avon is one of the oldest MLM companies existing for more than 130 years and still waxing stronger. In 2019, the company made $5.6 billion worldwide. This is a testament to the profitability level of the company.
Avon MLM offers a commission-based earning opportunity to individuals/ladies who can sell their products with the help of its training and resources.
Avon MLM is meant for people who want to gain financial independence with a flexible schedule. This makes it ideal for single moms, nursing mothers, single ladies, pensioners, retirees, and enterprising men.
You can join the company by going to http://www.youravon.com/ or register with any sales rep within your area. The joining cost is $0 (as of now for a limited period).
Alternatively, there are three Starter Kits. You can choose one to get started.
- Quick Starter Kit costs $25 to start with more than $80 in value
- Advanced Starter Kit goes for $50 with $140 in value
Premium Starter Kit is $100 with over $400 in value. Once you have signed up, you will receive free online support, training, social media tips, and other marketing material and resources to jumpstart your selling campaign.
Avon Product Lines
Avon’s product line covers beauty and personal health products which range from fashion to makeup. The categories are:
- Bath and body
- Including products for men
Avon has an outstanding history of selling sublime beauty and skincare products for a long time. It needs no introduction in the targeted market segment.
No doubt, Avon products are of high quality and well-received across the globe. The strong background and reputation of Avon make it a perfect contender from a joining perspective.
Are Avon products worth their price?
More than 100 years of history, constant improvement, and adapting to the current demands are some of the highlights of Avon product’s evolution.
Their products have continued to gather positive reviews and ratings in terms of quality and pricing.
The beauty line and cosmetics are highly affordable and people don’t mind paying higher just to display the Avon colors.
However, there are quite a few negative feedbacks from many users and reps alike related to bad shipping, delivery handling, etc.
Does that mean avoiding selling Avon products?
In reality, selling Avon products won’t be a big deal for its representatives owing to the reputation it carries.
How to make money with Avon MLM?
Usually, there are two ways to make money with Avon MLM:
Direct selling – You can sell the Avon products directly or through a personal website and earn commissions.
Recruitment – Building a team of members is another option to make additional incentives, and bonuses from their sales.
Avon Compensation Plan
For anyone who wants to join the MLM program, the compensation plan is the most important part. The good thing about Avon MLM is that they make prompt payments. So, let me summarize the compensation plan.
There are four levels in the business which are:
- Executive Leader
In each of the four levels, there are four sub-levels which are:
Normally, the compensation plan for every MLM business is based on your level. You earn more as you climb the ladder. There are also incentives and bonuses along the line. Of course, earning higher commissions will depend on large recruitments and sales.
Depending on your level, you can earn between 1% and 40% commission. Retail commissions can be earned from 20% to 50% depending on your sales.
Here is the detailed compensation plan of Avon.
Can I make money with Avon MLM?
Yes, you can make money with Avon MLM or for that matter with any MLM provided:
- You are ready to invest money time-to-time on starter kits, products purchase, membership renewal, traveling, etc.
- You have the ability to make continuous sales to achieve commission targets.
- You excel in convincing and making a team of people through regular recruitment.
It is surely hard work, dedication, persistence, and patience of years that pay-offs for MLM members.
One of the surprising factors of Avon MLM is the absence of its representative’s income disclosure statement. You cannot really make out the actual figures that can be earned with Avon MLM.
However, don’t expect to earn a living with such MLM opportunities that have very high competition. The beauty and skincare segment is over-saturated and it may take years of experience and expertise to gain your financial freedom.
Is Avon a scam or a pyramid scheme?
It is safe to say that Avon is a legit company that has existed for over 130 years. A dishonest MLM model won’t exist for this long.
Unlike other MLM platforms, the company also sells its products online. It is, in fact, difficult to find an MLM program that is as reputable as the Avon MLM.
Yes, recruitment of people is required to be financially successful with Avon but it is part of every MLM program. You earn money on the product sales and not the number of recruitments you have. Avon MLM is not a pyramid scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can I order Avon Products online?
Answer: Yes, Avon Products can be ordered online at very reasonable prices too. Just visit http://www.youravon.com/
2. Are the products safe to use?
Answer: There are always safety concerns when it comes to some products like lipsticks. But in general, Avon products are safe. The Avon Research and Development Centre based in New York is responsible for ensuring that products are safe and healthy for consumption.
3. How can I pay for the products?
Answer: You can make payments using PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
4. Does Avon do testing on animals?
Answer: No, the company became one of the first companies in the cosmetics business to stop the testing of products on animals in 1989.
- Well-established company – The fact that the company has been around for over 100 years gives it some credibility. There is no how you can run a fraudulent MLM program and still exist for more than a century.
- Little start-up costs – The start-up costs for joining the Avon MLM business is low compared to other network companies. There is an $80 retail value for a $25 product pack. You can also choose starter kits between $50 and $100 if you want to start on a sound footing.
- Offers quality products – The company has been in the business for over a hundred years mainly for offering superior quality products with great value.
- High commission rate – With Avon, you can earn as much as 50% in commission in the long run. There is a level called the President’s Club where 50% commission is earned. There is no doubt this is a generous commission for any MLM company.
- Access to the Team Leader – In some MLM companies, newly recruited members is left to struggle on their own without any form of guidance. In Avon MLM as a recruit, you will have access to the Team Leader whose responsibility is to guide and give encouragement to newcomers.
- Charity and philanthropic works – Apart from being in the business of selling products, Avon is also involved in charity raising funds to help the people in need. This is more of company social responsibility (CSR) to society. The Avon Foundation for Women is the philanthropic arm that donates to fight breast cancer.
- Recruitment challenges – To succeed in any MLM business, you will need to recruit a lot of people into your fold. The Avon MLM is not different. Recruiting people is not a problem. The problem is getting people who are goal-getters with the right mindset.
- Hard work is required – You will be kidding yourself if you think you can join any MLM business and succeed without sweating it out. MLM business models generally require hard work before a breakthrough comes your way. Avon MLM is not an exception.
- High–competitive niche – Beauty and skincare segment is over-competitive. It could be a big task to make continuous sales in such a crowded market. Innovation, and consistency are the only options to achieve success with Avon MLM.
Conclusion: Is Avon MLM recommended?
The MLM’s are hard to survive. Thanks to the risky nature of doing business. However, there are companies who offer great products, and commission plans like Avon.
The money is there to be made but requires extensive knowledge of selling and recruiting people. You need long-term investment with time, effort, and money to succeed in the business.
Avon MLM is recommended if you want to gainfully employ yourself with an MLM program that is better than many of the multi-level market businesses out there.
In case, if you are just looking for a way to make money online without too much investment, and all the available resources and tools then check my recommendation below.