Just like Mary Kay, the mention of Avon reminds you of lipsticks, perfume bottles, catalogs, and many more. If you are a lover of sales and cosmetics, the Avon MLM could be the business opportunity you have been waiting for. The good thing about the business is that it is not gender-specific. The program has something for both men and women. In this article, I will be taking a closer look at Avon as a company and the opportunities therein. In this review, you find out what is Avon MLM and if it is legit or a scam. Without much ado, let’s get started.
What is Avon MLM? An Overview
Avon is a multi-level marketing company established in the year 1886. The founder, David H. McDonnell was a door-to-door salesperson. He started by selling books in the 1880s before going into the business of selling perfumes.
If you are looking for an MLM program that has a balanced approach to sales and recruitment, then, Avon MLM is the program you need to consider that has been into the business of personal care, beauty and household products.
Industry-wise, Avon is one of the oldest MLM companies existing for more than 130 years and still waxing stronger. In 2019, the company made $5.6 billion worldwide. This is a testament to the profitability level of the company. Located in London, England, Avon has more than 6 million sales representatives worldwide with recruitment centres in major cities of the world. Avon is quoted on the New York Stock Exchange.
In the recent past, Avon participated in a few mergers and acquisitions. It has experienced a fair share of financial struggles too. Avon separated its business in Puerto Rico, Canada, and the USA and named it New Avon LLC while the global brand was named Avon Products. Avon Products is based in the UK while LG Household and Healthcare, a South Korean company purchased The North American arm of New Avon LLC.
Avon Product information
Avon product line covers beauty and personal health products which range from fashion to makeups. The categories are:
- Bath and body
- Including products for men
Avon Compensation Plan
For anyone who wants to join the MLM program, the compensation plan is the most important part. The good thing about Avon MLM is that they make prompt payments. So, let me summarize the compensation plan.
There are four levels in the business which are:
- Executive Leader
In each of the four levels, there are four sub-levels which are:
Normally, the compensation plan for every MLM business is based on your level. You earn more as you climb the ladder. There are also incentives and bonuses along the line. Of course, earning higher commissions will depend on large recruitments and sales.
Depending on your level, you can earn between 1% and 40% commission.
There are three Starter Kits. You can choose one to get started.
- Quick Starter Kit costs $25 to start with more than $80 in value
- Advanced Starter Kit goes for $50 with $140 in value
- Premium Starter Kit is $100 with over $400 in value
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How do I join the Avon MLM program?
Answer: You can join the company by going to http://www.youravon.com/ or register with any sales rep within your area.
2. Can I order Avon Products online?
Answer: Yes, Avon Products can be ordered online at very reasonable prices too.
3. Are the products safe to use?
Answer: There are always safety concerns when it comes to some products like lipsticks. But in general, Avon products are safe. The Avon Research and Development Centre based in New York is responsible for ensuring that products are safe and healthy for consumption.
4. How can I order Avon products?
Answer: Avon products can be ordered online and delivered to you. Just visit http://www.youravon.com/
5. How can I pay for the products?
Answer: You can make payment using PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
6. Does Avon do testing on animals?
Answer: No, the company became one of the first companies in the cosmetics business to stop the testing of products on animals in 1989.
Who is it for?
Avon MLM is meant for people who want to gain financial independence with a flexible schedule. This makes it ideal for single moms, nursing mothers, single ladies, pensioners, retirees and enterprising men.
- Well-established company – The fact that the company has been around for over 100 years gives it some credibility. There is no how you can run a fraudulent MLM program and still exist for more than a century.
- Little start-up costs – The start-up costs for joining the Avon MLM business is low compared to other network companies. There is an $80 retail value for a $25 product pack. You can also choose starter kits between $50 and $100 if you want to start on a sound footing.
- Offers quality products – The company has been in the business for over a hundred years mainly for offering superior quality products with great value.
- High commission rate – With Avon, you can earn as much as 50% in commission in the long run. There is a level called the President’s Club where 50% commission is earned. There is no doubt this is a generous commission for any MLM company.
- Access to the Team Leader – In some MLM companies, newly recruited members is left to struggle on their own without any form of guidance. In Avon MLM as a recruit, you will have access to the Team Leader whose responsibility is to guide and give encouragement to newcomers.
- Charity and philanthropic works – Apart from being in the business of selling products, Avon is also involved in charity raising funds to help the people in need. This is more of company social responsibility (CSR) to society. The Avon Foundation for Women is the philanthropic arm that donates to fight breast cancer.
- Recruitment challenges – To succeed in any MLM business, you will need to recruit a lot of people into your fold. The Avon MLM is not different. Recruiting people is not a problem. The problem is getting people who are goal-getters with the right mindset.
- Hard work is required – You will be kidding yourself if you think you can join any MLM business and succeed without sweating it out. MLM business models generally require hard work before a breakthrough comes your way. Avon MLM is not an exception.
Legit or scam
It is safe to say that Avon is a legit company that has existed for over 130 years. A dishonest MLM model won’t exist for this long. Unlike other MLM platforms, the company also sells its products online. It is, in fact, difficult to find an MLM program that is as reputable as the Avon MLM. You need long-term investment with time, effort, and money to succeed in the business.
Conclusion: Is Avon MLM recommended?
Yes, Avon MLM is recommended if you want to gainfully employ yourself. The MLM program is better than many of the multi-level market businesses out there. The cruelty that most MLM businesses are known for is almost non-existent in Avon MLM.