Having a dropshipping store where your customers are able to track their shipments make your e-commerce business very reliable and credible. This is what the AfterShip app offers you. The app keeps the customers informed of where their order has reached after it was shipped. This helps to keep the customers well engaged. In this post, you will know what is Aftership app.
With the AfterShip app, customer service calls and emails are reduced to the bare minimum. The automation of the app and its ease are just incredible. As a dropshipper, the AfterShip app allows you to proactively take action on some orders that are not delivered before you are contacted by the customers.
This review will also tell you if the Aftership app is legit or a scam. Read on to have the full details.
What is AfterShip app? An Overview
An AfterShip app is a web-based tool for the tracking and updating of customers’ orders from your Shopify store. It is a one-stop app for order tracking.
Founded in 2012, the app is designed to simplify dropshipping business. The company is located in Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong.
The app can also be downloaded from the Google Play Store. With the auto-update feature, you don’t have to refresh the app. It has a simple interface. Most of the time, the app is able to identify your courier partner with ease. The integration of the app with your store is stable and smooth. This app automatically imports tracking numbers from your Shopify store to the AfterShip tool.
Apart from supporting e-commerce stores like Shopify, Amazon, and eBay, it also supports WordPress. You can install the AfterShip plugin that supports WooCommerce perfectly.
AfterShip Tracking App Review
You will find all the useful information about the AfterShip app in this section. This includes the features of the app, how to set it up, and pricing.
Features of AfterShip app
I personally tested some of the features available on the app and I was very impressed. Here are some of the excellent features that come with the app.
- Integration – The AfterShip app integrates very well with other apps like WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magneto, Shopify, etc.
- Notifications – No matter the courier that you use, you will get notifications on all the orders or shipments.
- Analytics – You will get an analysis of shipping performance. This helps you to deal with any problems beforehand so that your customers don’t face delivery issues.
- Automated tracking – Updates are made every 3 to 6 hours with different courier services and status updates are sent automatically.
- Tracking page – To make it easier for your customer, the tracking can also be done from your website. Just include a tracking page on your store and that is all.
- Track button – A track button can be included on your website. When the button is clicked, customers can see their tracking information in real-time.
- Supports many shipping companies – The AfterShip app supports the automatic tracking of more than 500 courier companies worldwide.
- Mobile apps support – The tracking of your shipments can be tracked from your mobile phone. The app supports Android and iOS phones.
- Auto import order tracking – The tracking process is well simplified and streamlined. Tracking numbers are automatically imported from different marketplaces and shopping carts.
- SSL certificate – The AfterShip app provides verified domains with SSL certificate. This helps to improve data security and enhance customers’ shopping experience.
How can I set up the AfterShip app?
To set up the app is super easy and you don’t need to have any technical knowledge to successfully set up the app.
The very first thing is to create an account by visiting the website at https://www.aftership.com/. The next thing is to link the AfterShip app with your Shopify store.
Click on “Start Free” on the website and complete the registration process. After you have signed up, the next step is to input your store information. After doing this, a sub-domain will be assigned to you.
Then, choose your preferred courier service. Choose from a huge list of over 500 courier services. Click on the “ADD NEW” button and input your tracking code.
The tracking code will be automatically detected and linked to the company it belongs. This way, you are able to get updated tracking information from your chosen courier company.
The moment the courier picks up the item, the tracking of the item starts immediately. Your customers also get all the updates through their email addresses. This helps them to know where the shipment has reached at every point in time. It is an app that will make your customers very happy.
AfterShip app pricing
- Free Plan
The good news for beginners is that the AfterShip app is free for beginners. But the free version is limited to 50 shipments per month. If you do more than 50 shipments in a month, then, you have to go for a premium plan.
Benefits of the free plan
- Access to 760 couriers
- Track button
- Branded tracking page
- Shipment visibility dashboard
- Essentials Plan
The Essentials Plan goes for $9/month. The maximum shipment per month is 100. It will cost you $0.08 for an extra shipment.
Benefits of the Essentials Plan
- Everything in the Free plan
- SMS notifications
- Email notifications
- Engagement analytics
- 24/7 email support
- CSV export and import
- Shipping performance analytics
- Pro Plan
The price for the Pro Plan is $199 per month. You have a maximum of 5,000 shipments per month. $0.08 for extra shipment.
- Enterprise Plan
The price for the Enterprise Plan is not stated. You have to contact the sales department to get the full details. You can have more than 25,000 shipments per month.
Benefits of the Enterprise Plan
- Everything in the Pro plan
- Account review every quarter
- Custom integration
- Dedicated account manager
- Enterprise service level agreement
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I change from one plan to another?
Answer: You can downgrade or upgrade your present plan. This can be done from the billing page.
2. Does AfterShip support WooCommerce?
Answer: Yes, AfterShip has a plugin to support WooCommerce.
3. Is the Free plan for a lifetime?
Answer: Yes. You can use the free plan for as long as you like.
4. What kind of payment methods does AfterShip support?
Answer: AfterShip has support for all major debit and credit cards.
5. What is the uptime?
Answer: The uptime is 99.9%.
Who is it for?
The AfterShip app is designed for drop shippers and e-commerce business owners.
- Tracks orders in real-time
- Integrates smoothly and easily with other e-commerce stores like eBay and Amazon
- The interface is simple, user-friendly, and intuitive
- The app operates automatically
- Highly functional with exceptional customer support
- It provides accurate tracking of orders
- Supports more than 500 couriers worldwide
- It is free for 100 shipments
- It has a plugin that supports WooCommerce
- The app drastically reduces the number of times shop owners need to call their customers regarding the tracking of their orders
- A bit pricey
- Doesn’t support some courier companies
Legit or scam
AfterShip app is 100% legit. It is not a scam at all. It is an effective app for the tracking of orders by customers.
Conclusion: Is the Aftership app recommended?
Yes, it is highly recommended if you have an online store that is built using the Shopify app.