There are a lot of factors to put into consideration when hunting for an external SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) provider. Some of the factors include: will sent emails get to the recipient’s inbox? What features does the tool offer? Is the support team reliable? Can the user access and monitor delivery reports? And lastly, how much will the tool cost? The answer to all the above questions is SMTP2GO. So, what is SMTP2GO? Read on as I make a detailed SMTP2GO review.
In this article, you will read some of the features that make the software thick, how it works, its pros and cons, and my recommendation. So, let’s get into it without much ado.
New to Email Marketing?
SMTP2GO Review: What is SMTP2GO?
SMTP2GO is a dependable email service provider that can be used to track and deliver emails. It is cloud-based and has got multiple data centers that make it easy for users to send emails even when they are experiencing internet outages.
It offers visual reports so you can know if all your email messages were delivered or not. You will get bounced email reports in case some emails fail to deliver.
SMTP2GO assists in blacklist monitoring, blocked ports, ISP throttling, and reverse DNS which are regular issues with email clients like AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail.
How does SMTP2GO work?
To know how SMTP2GO works, start by signing up on the platform at https://www.smtp2go.com/. You can start with a free plan by clicking on “Sign Up” on the top-right side of the screen.
After you have signed up, the next thing is to do is SMTP configuration. Find the configuration details below:
SMTP server: mail.smtp2go.com
SMTP Port: 2525 (You can also try 8025, 80, 587, or 25 if 2525 fails to work).
Username / Password: SMTP authentication should be turned on and then input your account’s SMTP username and SMTP password.
Note: It is optional to use TLS/SSL. You will find TLS on the same ports. The SSL ports are 8465, 443, or 465.
Features of SMTP2GO
SMTP2GO has got excellent features that make it a great tool for businesses and professionals. Here are some of the outstanding features of the software:
Email authentication – With SMTP2GO, emails can be authenticated before they are sent out to the recipients or customers. SMTP2GO uses Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and DomainKeys Identified Mails (DKIM) to ensure that your email account is well protected to avoid a situation where an unauthorized person would be sending email messages on your behalf.
Email testing – SMTP2GO tests emails against major spam filters. This ensures that your email can be delivered even if your recipients have different email clients like Yahoo, Gmail, Yandex, Outlook, Apple Mail, and so on.
Fast delivery – SMTP2GO has built a robust infrastructure that ensures that you send your emails at high speed. It also ensures there is no downtime. There are multiple servers in different locations such as Singapore, Amsterdam, London, Chicago, and Sydney. All these servers are connected to the headquarters at Christchurch, New Zealand for optimum efficiency and performance.
Management of email delivery technical aspect – Email deliverability can be affected by many factors that you cannot handle. These factors are usually technical and users may expend resources trying to figure out the problem. This is not the case with SMTP2GO. SMTP2GO can do network monitoring round the clock. With this, email delivery technical issues become easy.
For instance, when the internet speed is slow, there is a blockage of ports; and emails could be blacklisted; these sorts of issues are quickly identified by users of SMTP2GO.
Email tracking – Apart from handling the technical aspect of your email which may affect deliverability, SMTP2GO also tracks emails from start to finish. The tracking is in real-time and this comes with visual reports. This helps you to pinpoint bounced emails.
SMTP2GO Pricing and Plans
SMTP2GO has got 3 plans – Starter, Professional, and Premium.
- Starter – It cost $15/month and comes with the important features to effectively take care of your email delivery.
- Professional – It goes for $75/month with powerful reporting, IP address, and other advanced features.
- Custom – You can contact SMTP2GO through this link https://www.smtp2go.com/contact/ and fill out the form to inquire about the Custom plan.
If you are interested in a yearly contract, you can click the link https://www.smtp2go.com/pricing/ and also find out the benefits that come with each plan.
Can I make money with SMTP2GO?
The deliverability of emails is a major issue with many email marketing platforms. And so is the concern of emails going to spam folders which many of you cannot track. This is very well taken care of by SMTP2GO.
With an improved email deliverability rate, you are sure of reaching your client’s inboxes. This will also improve the engagement and conversions resulting in breakthrough financial results.
Alternatively, there is a direct way to make money with SMTP2GO and that is if you join its affiliate program.
The program offers a 20% commission for every sale made through your affiliate link. Apart from that, there is also a reseller program. This means you can make direct money in two ways with SMTP2GO. Click on the link https://affiliates.smtp2go.com/ to know more about these two programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does SMTP2GO cost?
Answer: The cost starts from $15 monthly.
2. Does SMTP2GO have an API?
Answer: Yes, it has an API that can be used to send emails.
3. Can I use SMTP2GO if port 25 has been blocked?
Answer: SMTP2GO will work if port 25 is blocked since other ports like 2525, 8025, 587 or 80 won’t be blocked.
4. What kind of support does SMTP2GO offer?
Answer: It offers phone, email, ticket support.
5. What payment method does SMTP2GO accept?
Answer: SMTP2GO accepts PayPal, major credit cards, wire transfers, Amazon Payments, and Alipay.
- Free plan – SMTP2GO has a free plan that you use forever. This can also help you to test the functionality of the software before subscribing to a paid plan.
- Ease of set-up – There is no complication with the set-up of SMTP2GO. Just configure with your STMP and you are good to go.
- Efficient support – SMTP2GO has a quick and efficient support system that responds to queries promptly. The support is available 24/7.
- IP address – If the IP of your office or home ISP has been blacklisted, SMTP2GO provides you with an IP address to ensure you deliver more emails at a time.
- Supports WordPress – SMTP2GO makes it extremely easy for WordPress users to connect with the tool. It has an updated plugin that ensures every email call goes through it smoothly.
- Free plan limitation – The free plan is not generous. It limits you to 1,000 emails per month, 200 emails per day, 5 days of email reporting, 25 email hourly limit, and two weeks of live chat and phone support.
- No A/B testing – A/B testing helps you test two variations of an email by sending it to a selected number of subscribers to know which of the versions performed better before sending the better version to a larger number of subscribers. Unfortunately, SMTP2GO doesn’t offer A/B testing. This only means you will have to use another email management tool for your A/B testing.
Conclusion: Is SMTP2GO recommended?
SMTP2GO comes in handy as an email service provider that can enhance the deliverability of emails. It can also help in bypassing technical issues such as spam checks which are responsible for sending email messages to the spam folder.
However, the application lacks critical testing features like A/B testing. The pricing is also a call for concern for small businesses.
But these drawbacks won’t take away anything from the app since it guarantees fast delivery due to the availability of uptime servers in different locations.
The support team is second to none. It offers 24 hours support through phone, ticket, and live chat. If you are looking for reliability, I would recommend SMTP2GO.