There are many order and inventory management systems in the e-commerce software market that helps businesses automate their ordering processes. One such system is Skubana. It is a comprehensive order management software to automate and optimize business operations. Want to know more about it? In this in-depth Skubana review post, we will be taking a closer look at what Skubana is, how it works, the features it offers, the different services available, and the pricing plans.
We will also be discussing the pros and cons of using Skubana so you can make an informed decision on whether or not this software is right for your business.
New to Dropshipping/E-commerce?
Skubana Review: What is Skubana?
Skubana is an order management system that was created with the goal of helping businesses of all sizes to streamline their processes, improve efficiency, and increase profits.
The software offers a wide range of features and services that include an order management system, inventory management software, and advanced e-commerce tools that can be used to manage and automate your operations.
Skubana is part of Extensiv, a platform that connects businesses and 3PLs (Third-party Logistics) to fulfill each other’s business requirements.
How does Skubana work?
Skubana is a web-based application that can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. It is easy to use and can be configured to meet the specific needs of your business.
The software integrates with a wide range of eCommerce platforms, shipping carriers, and accounting systems so you can manage all of your operations in one place.
To get started with Skubana, you first need to create an account. You can do this by visiting the Skubana website and clicking on the “Get a Demo” button.
Provide your contact details and the Skubana team will get in touch with you to understand the requirements of your business and offer the appropriate pricing packages.
Once you have chosen a pricing plan that suits your needs you can create your account, add your business information and configure the software to meet your specific needs. You can then start using the software to manage and automate your eCommerce operations.
Skubana does not have a free trial or version to test its features before signing up for a paid plan.
Features of Skubana
Skubana features work on three main pillars of centralization, automation, and growth. Some of the key features include:
-Business integrations: Skubana software integrates with a number of popular business and accounting systems so you can manage your operations and finances in one place. This is a big plus point for businesses working on multiple sales channels/warehouses.
The integration feature will help you view and control all your store data related to orders, inventory, shipping, and cost through a single dashboard.
The platforms you can integrate include point of sale, warehouses, 3PLs, or any other business-specific tool based on your requirement. Skubana has its own App store, open API, and native integration options that offer seamless connection with third-party apps/sources.
While some of the apps/software is free, you may have to spend a few extra bucks on paid software depending on your business needs.
This unified feature of Skubana helps you centralize your operations that can reduce inefficiencies, identify growth opportunities, and track your sales and revenue.
-Business automation: Skubana emphasizes more on automating the order, inventory, and shipping management processes so that you remain focused on growing your business.
The software helps you to manage your orders from start to finish, including processing, shipping, tracking, and fulfillment.
You can sync the data flow across various orders, inventory, and purchasing scenarios. There is an outsourcing option where you can apply automatic actions to fulfill your orders. This includes setting up carriers, priority, shipping rates, routing of orders, etc. through an Orderbot.
The inventory module helps you track your stock levels and automatically order more when stocks are low. Based on your inventory history, Skubana automatically provides smarter recommendations to improve sales.
Inventory automation can be further used to allocate stocks based on certain rules including individual sales channels, value, percentage, etc. This feature helps you prevent over-selling/under-selling.
Skubana also issues POs (Purchase Orders) in real-time based on current sales velocity, and seasonality so that you re-stock appropriately.
When it comes to shipping, Skubana integrates with a number of shipping carriers so you can easily automate the shipping process.
You can bundle the products, split your orders, select affordable shipping carriers, and even use the services of Amazon FBA warehousing. Shipping automation ensures you deliver the right products, at the right time, at a lower cost.
Data analytics for business growth: Reporting and data analytics provided by Skubana help you keep track of your sales, orders, purchases, and revenue.
The platform offers forecasting tools that will let you find opportunities through different sales channels and inventory to increase profits. Skubana identifies non-performing stock/products to liquidate and similarly provides details on best-selling items that can generate more revenue.
You get an eye on savings reports generated by Skubana from order management automation, track inventory movement through Movement Forensic charts, evaluate the sales channels for further improvement based on the number of purchases, etc.
The reports can be further customized to meet the specific needs of your business and even consolidated to view the overall data including all the functionalities.
Skubana offers a starting price of $1000 for up to 1000 orders per month. The pricing is based on the number of orders processed.
There may be additional costs involved if you subscribe to add-ons, plug-ins, or any other software that requires additional integration and support.
API is one of the standard benefits available to everyone. This means you won’t find integrating with third-party apps difficult.
To get a price quotation, click on the ‘Get a Quote’ option and submit your details to let the Skubana team contact you.
Is Skubana worth its pricing?
The $1000 starting price is not something that everyone can afford. Skubana seems an ideal solution for businesses with some sort of established customer base and revenue.
Having said that, the features of Skubana are worth using. This is evident from the online reviews and feedback around its services.
Many users have praised Skubana’s automation features that helped them streamline managing orders, track inventory, and use its statistics to grow their business. The best thing about Skubana is you can work with multiple sales channels and manage its operation from one place.
A platform that offers so many benefits is worth using irrespective of its pricing.
Can you make money with Skubana?
If you are looking to make money by promoting Skubana then it’s a no. Skubana does not offer any affiliate/referral program to make direct money.
The other way to make money with Skubana is by using the platform itself for your business. Its automation solutions and in-depth reporting will definitely help you save time from handling various tasks manually.
With Skubana, you can expand your e-commerce business on multiple sales channels which will result in more sales and more revenue.
- Easy-to-use -Skubana software is easy to use and can be configured seamlessly according to your business needs. Against the common fact that software solutions require people to be tech-savvy, Skubana is a web-based app that can be accessed from anywhere, is easy to navigate, and has an intuitive system.
- Great automation features -The software offers really good automation features to run your operations. Skubana makes managing multichannel orders easier. The automated Orderbot is one of its kind. It does help save lots of time and effort. The inventory section is enhanced with features that keeps overselling in control. It offers seamless integration with a wide range of eCommerce platforms, shipping carriers, and accounting systems as well as synchronization of data across products and channels. Overall, the platform is outstanding from automation and business growth perspectives.
- Good support – Skubana’s support is well-appreciated by its users. The platform offers dedicated implementation consultants to understand your business workflows and technical requirements. The integration part and onboarding process are well taken care of. In addition, you can make use of its help center, guides, blogs, and webinars. These resources will help you run your store smoothly. The contact support is completed with a phone, email, and live chat.
- Expensive -The software is not free and costs $1k/month for up to 1000 orders. It doesn’t end here. There are additional charges you have to pay for the utilization of its third-party apps. There are no free trials or a free version to use Skubana. The pricing is customizable but you don’t know exactly how much you have to pay upfront till a finalized quotation is provided by the Skubana team. All in all, Skubana may not be affordable for everyone especially, the beginners.
- Dependency on third-party integrations – Using Skubana doesn’t come without some drawbacks. One of them is too much dependency on third-party integrations. This is the reason they focus hard on keeping their integration features powerful. But this also gives its users a hard time spending lots of effort as well as money on integrating these add-ons with the help of Skubana’s support team.
Conclusion: Is Skubana recommended?
Skubana is a comprehensive software solution that can be used to manage and automate your eCommerce operations. The software is easy to use, integrates well, and provides valuable data on your business processes.
It won’t be wrong to say that Skubana plays an important part to manage your operations, including order management, inventory management, shipping management, and accounting integration.
But in the end, it’s the pricing that remains a deciding factor and which is not available upfront. Even with this one flaw, I recommend using Skubana for all the well-established brands and experienced online sellers.