If you are a drop shipper and have an e-commerce store then you must be aware of the importance of shipping. You cannot afford to lose your customers for delayed deliveries and pay more for shipping costs. So, if you’re tired of shipment issues and want more control over the delivery, then you need to have a platform that can provide you complete relief from these issues. Pirate Ship shipping services might be right up your alley. With their affordable rates and excellent service, it’s no wonder that so many people are turning to this new company in droves. This Pirate Ship Shipping review will provide you insights on what is Pirate Ship, how does it work, its features, and more.
New to Dropshipping/E-commerce?
Pirate Ship Shipping Review: What is Pirate Ship?
Pirate Ship offers affordable shipping options to individuals and businesses looking for an alternative to the typical, expensive shipping methods.
Pirate Ship provides shipping software created to make your shipping easy. It has helped hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses with their shipping at the cheapest USPS rates.
Pirate Ship was founded by Bjorn Borstelmann and Jameson Morris in 2014.
How does Pirate Ship work?
Pirate Ship has partnered with the USPS to provide shippers easy access to USPS’ package-shipping options.
Whether it is the local priority mail or an international package, Pirate Ship will handle all the measuring, labeling, and handing to USPS for shipping.
The partnership with USPS gives the businesses the cheapest shipping rates and discounts.
You can start using Pirate Ship services by creating a free account.
How to get started with Pirate Ship?
To get started with Pirate Ship visit https://ship.pirateship.com/register and create your free account.
What are the features of Pirate Ship?
Pirate Ship focuses on making your shipping process easier by providing the below features:
- Shipping: You get free access to Pirate Ship’s shipping software that provides you the cheapest USPS shipping rates. This helps you buy and print the labels in 3-steps irrespective of the number of packages you want to ship.
- Labeling & Printing: Pirate Ship is your one-stop shop for buying and printing labels with ease. You can use any kind of printer and computer to print your labels. It supports multiple shipping label file formats such as PDF or ZPL and you can generate a private link for printing.
- Software: Pirate Ship has built a shipping software that is reliable and can cater to all your shipping needs. The software is installation-free and you can perform the following steps with ease:
- Send and track a package from your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Choose the cheapest shipping services.
- Drop the packages to your convenient location or order a pick-up.
- Create free return labels for your customers.
- Keep a track of all your packages through USPS tracking status.
- Make the payments using any credit card or bank transfer for your labels.
- Scan day-wise forms for labels or batches and track your shipping history and transaction data.
- Validation: All addresses are validated with the USPS-certified address database and automatically corrected if not formatted properly ensuring speedy delivery.
- Scheduling: Create email templates that you can reuse for multiple shipments and schedule when you’d like them to be sent to make sure your recipients know when their package will arrive.
- Presets: Save time by creating presets for your most common shipments. You can do it on both single labels and batches that will save you lots of time.
- Batch Size: If you have a large label or batch order, Pirate Ship will process as many items at the same time.
- Address Automation: Pirate Ship uses Google Maps global address database to remember the addresses you’ve shipped to previously and suggests new addresses while you type new assignments.
- Custom Forms: Pirate Ship helps you with integrated custom forms for your International shipping. This can manage both domestic and international deliveries at the same time.
Pricing of Pirate Ship services
Using Pirate Ship is free. You only pay as and when you use their shipping services. Pirate Ship uses the USPS rate sheet to calculate the pricing for your packages.
Their website contains the updated USPS rate sheets for their members to use the shipping services. Since they have partnered with USPS, you can be assured to get the cheapest rates that can save you up to 89% of shipping costs.
Pirate Ship provides the following shipping pricing that varies based on your package dimensions such as weight, size, etc.
We are only providing the pricing range for you to make a suitable choice as per your shipping needs.
USPS Priority Mail Cubic Pricing:
Starts – $7.32 up to $38.38
Priority Mail Pricing:
Starts – $7.40 up to $120.98
First-Class Package Pricing:
Starts – $3.01 up to $5.98
Parcel Select Ground Pricing:
Starts – $7.01 up to $64.10
Media Mail Pricing:
Starts – $2.89 up to $13.53
Priority Mail Express Pricing:
Starts – $22.75 up to $186.40
For international shipping following are the pricing modules and their range:
Simple Export Rate:
Starts – $8.49 up to $35.49
First-Class Package International*
Priority Mail International*
Priority Mail Express International*
*The rates are based on the destination country’s pricing group for all the above pricing modules.
It is recommended to view the pricing sheets available on the Pirate Ship website for individual pricing modules to get a fair idea of the exact charges for your shipping needs.
The benefits of using Pirate Ship services
Pirate Ship provides lots of benefits with their shipping service. Some of them are:
- Cheapest Rates: With their tie-up with USPS postal services, Pirate Ship provides the cheapest rates for your shipping needs along with profitable discounts.
- User-friendly Interface: Pirate Ship has one of the most simple and easy-to-use interfaces for all your shipping needs. Right from printing, labeling, packaging, and shipping Pirate Ship is your one-stop-shop.
- Integrations: You can easily connect with e-commerce stores such as Etsy, eBay, Shopify, and more to import and automate tracking information.
- Free Shipping Software: Pirate Ship offers its shipping software for free. You can use all the automation and software features for your shipping needs without any fees, mark up or hidden costs.
- Customer Support: The customer support from Pirate Ship is very supportive and friendly. You can get in touch with the team through chat or email to address all your concerns regarding shipping, labeling, printing, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Pirate Ship free?
Answer: Yes, Pirate Ship is free. You only pay for the services you use.
- Are Pirate Ship shipping services legit?
Answer: Yes, Pirate Ship shipping services is a 100% legit company.
- Can I cancel and get a refund for the labels I don’t use?
Answer: Pirate Ship automatically request refunds for unused labels but you can also place a request for cancelation and refund within 28 days of buying the label.
- Can I use Paypal for buying postage?
Answer: No, you cannot use a Paypal account for buying postage but Pirate Ship allows usage of a Paypal debit card for payment.
- Can I have multiple integrations on one account?
Answer: Yes, you can add multiple websites/integrations with one Pirate Ship account setup.
- Does Pirate Ship offer insurance?
Answer: Pirate Ship support insurance on some of the USPS services. It also offers 3rd party insurance to any service. To get more details on insurance you have to get in touch with their customer support.
- Does Pirate Ship offer support to its customers?
Answer: Yes, you can contact the support team via chat or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pirate Ship is free to use
- Pirate Ship offers the cheapest USPS shipping rates to its customers
- It has easy integration with reputed e-commerce stores and marketplaces
- All the shipping needs such as buying, printing, and labeling can be done in one place
- There are no hidden costs or fees applied by Pirate Ship to your account
- Customer support is available via chat and email
- Pirate Ship offers free usage of its shipping software and automation tools
- You can track all your shipping history and transaction data in one place through USPS tracking status
- Pirate Ship allows return label printing and tracking
- No Paypal payment option for buying postal
- Limited customer support channels
- Pricing may be confusing for beginners
Conclusion: Is Pirate Ship shipping services recommended?
We hope you found this review of Pirate Ship shipping services informative and helpful.
They offer both domestic and international services but focus on expediting shipments to destinations throughout North America. This includes fulfillment of orders from Amazon (FBA), eBay, Etsy, or other major online retailers like Walmart, Target, and more.
You can also use them for your own business needs such as delivering goods to customers via USPS or FedEx ground service at discounted rates that are generally lower than what you would find elsewhere. The prices are transparent with no hidden fees.
With its affordability, ease of use, and many features to help you ship with peace of mind, we think that Pirate Ship is the best choice for most people who are looking for a reliable way to ship packages online.
We recommend using Pirate Ship services to get rid of all the hassles and troubles of your shipping process at a low price, free automation software, and satisfactory shipping services.