Mailchimp is a powerful tool for email marketing that can be used by any size business. It has been around since 2001 and it continues to grow in popularity because of its ease of use, affordable pricing, and features. In this Mailchimp Email Marketing review, we’ll discuss the different benefits this software offers businesses so you can decide if it’s right for your needs.
Mailchimp offers many different features that are crucial for any small business looking to grow its customer base. Mailchimp’s email marketing tools, as well as their social media integration features, are ideal for promoting your work to your target audience and customer base.
Mailchimp Email Marketing Review: What is Mailchimp?
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Atlanta, MailChimp has helped millions of small businesses grow their brands with their marketing tools. Two decades ago, Ben Chestnut and Dan Kurzius founded the Rocket Science Group. The corporate web design company was already large, but they also created an email marketing service in their spare time for smaller companies to use.
Mailchimp was initially designed to help small business owners who lacked the high-end tools and resources of their larger competitors get access to technology that would empower them and grow their businesses.
Mailchimp’s award-winning team produces inspirational content to help you connect with your audience. They also have a wide variety of paid and free tools to help you create polished content.
The RSS-to-email service found huge success, so they decided to start selling it as MailChimp in 2007.
Features of Mailchimp
We’ll go over the features of Mailchimp in this section:
- Email Marketing: Enhance your customer engagement with Mailchimp’s email marketing tool. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, Mailchimp’s easy-to-use email builder has the tools for making a strong impression on your audience. Mailchimp’s email templates are completely customizable, so you can edit them to your liking or even use one as is.
- Landing Pages: With Mailchimp, you can create great landing pages in a matter of minutes. One of the best features of Mailchimp’s landing pages is that you can create popup forms without paying a dime.
- Social Media: One of the best things about Mailchimp is its social media integration feature. This powerful tool lets you upload your email list to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn and then automatically post updates for you to all those social media connections.
- Sign-up Forms: You can grow your customer base and reach out to a more diverse audience with 1000’s of free sign-up forms. Mailchimp’s email marketing tool combines a sign-up form with an integrated CRM.
- Segmentation: Mailchimp’s segmentation tools allow you to send targeted messages that are tailored for the recipients. MailChimp offers a selection of pre-built segments like campaigns, purchase history, and more to help you start your targeting.
- Behavioral Targeting: When using behavioral targeting, email marketers can send their potential customers calls-to-action which are more aligned with their needs.
- Newsletter Templates: Mailchimp’s newsletter templates are perfect for creating newsletters that have the format and feel of your brand using pre-designed layout designs. You can also customize each template’s background color with ease.
- Creative Tools: Look more like the business you want to be with easy‑to‑use design and content tools, flexible templates, and an AI‑powered Creative Assistant.
- A/B Testing: Mailchimp’s interactive interface makes it easy to create email campaigns that people actually open. Mailchimp lets you test and see which campaign is more successful with A/B or a multivariate test.
- Integrations: Mailchimp integrates with other essential tools, like Eventbrite, Stripe, or Shopify. Integrations help make your email marketing more effective because you are pulling in relevant data from these services to create better campaigns.
- Reports: Mailchimp is a data-driven email marketing service that helps you monitor trends, track performance, and improve campaigns. It helps you track individual subscriber interests with widgets to analyze behavior, conversion rates by device type or campaign performance.
How to use Mailchimp platform effectively
To make your emails look unique, design a template that is custom to you and upload it as the default email. This way every time someone clicks on one of your links in an email, they will see the same branded content each time.
The templates are built for all types of businesses so there really isn’t a limit on what type of aesthetic or message style you can use. Creating segments allows you to send messages to specific groups based on their location or interests without having to worry about segmenting them after sending out an initial blast because Mailchimp does it automatically!
You should also consider which link tracking service best suits your needs before setting up any campaigns with Mailchimp since this feature doesn’t come standard with their free version.
Mailchimp pricing is based on the number of subscribers, list size, and frequency of sending emails. There is a free plan for up to 2000 subscribers.
There are three tiers of pricing –
- Essentials ($10/month) – 50,000 subscribers
- Standard ($15/month) – 100,000 subscribers
- Premium ($299/month) – 200,000 subscribers
The higher your tier, the more advanced features you get like A/B testing, RSS-to-email integration, etc.
You can also add other services like Shopify or Salesforce integrations for an additional fee (pricing varies by service)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up for a free account with Mailchimp?
Answer: You can sign up for a free account with Mailchimp here https://login.mailchimp.com/signup/. You must provide your e-mail address, create a password, and set up your contact list with Mailchimp.
2. How do I create my first campaign?
Answer: To create your first campaign, click Create Campaign on the left navigation panel and follow the steps for selecting a template. You can select a pre-built template or customize it as per your needs.
3. What are the benefits of using Mailchimp over other email marketing services?
Answer: Mailchimp has a low cost of entry for small businesses and startups, with pricing starting at $0/month. Mailchimp also offers free campaigns to get you started including automated emails that will reach your contacts depending on their activity (e.g., abandoned cart messages).
4. Is there anything that’s not included in the free plan?
Answer: Mailchimp’s free plan does not include any automation features, advanced segmentation or list growth.
5. Can you add images to your campaigns with Mailchimp?
Answer: Yes, you can easily add images to your campaigns with Mailchimp.
6. Who can use the Mailchimp service?
Answer: Mailchimp is perfect for small business owners, email marketers, affiliates and startups who want to make their email marketing work.
- Mailchimp is free for up to 2000 subscribers.
- It’s easy to use and set up, with a drag-and-drop editor that lets you design your own templates. You can create a custom design for your email template.
- You can easily add images or videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or Flickr
- You can create an email campaign in minutes by adding content blocks and sending it out when you’re ready
- Mailchimp has great customer service – they’ll answer any questions you have about their product.
- They offer a variety of integrations so you can connect your blog posts and social media accounts to send automated messages on autopilot.
- You can track the performance of your emails with detailed reports.
- It’s difficult to set up a custom design for your email templates
- The interface is confusing and hard to navigate
- If you want to send an email blast, you have to pay per recipient
Conclusion: Is the Mailchimp Email Marketing recommended?
After reading this article, you should now have a better understanding of what Mailchimp can offer your business.
Mailchimp is well recommended for companies just getting started with a marketing campaign. It is also well recommended for companies that are looking to start sending out email newsletters, and want the most bang for their buck.
You can find Mailchimp in many places on the internet including social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
The company offers free trial periods so you can test it out before deciding whether or not to purchase their services!