You must have heard of the Young Living MLM. It is an American-based company that produces essential oils and is one of the largest essential oil company in the world. It also has an MLM program that can make you decent money. Is Young Living MLM a scam? In this post, you will find all the information that you need to decide on whether to join the MLM program or not.
What is Young Living MLM?
Young Living’s MLM program is a breath of fresh air for the people who are interested in joining an MLM company but are tired of selling the usual beauty and health-related products.
If you love using essential oils, this may as well be a good opportunity for you to join the Young Living MLM and start making money from selling essential oils.
Young Living Overview
Young Living was founded by Gary and Mary Young in 1993. This means the company has operated for 28 years. The company is based in Lehi, Utah, United States. Gary and Mary Young were very passionate about alternative medicine. This is the reason why they ventured into the production of essential oils.
It is present in 12 countries with more than 3,000 employees. It operates more than 16 farms worldwide and has got over 4 million distributors worldwide.
The global essential oils market is worth more than $7 billion and that figure will jump to $15 billion by 2026. This shows it is a striving business. Joining the Young Living MLM may be one way to have a slice of the cake. In 2018, Young Living raked $1.9 billion in revenue.
Young Living MLM Compensation Plan
To join the Young Living MLM, you will need to sign up as a wholesale member. To sign up, you will have to visit https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/opportunity/products/starter-kits and click on “Basic Starter Kit”.
Though you can start with the Basic Start Kit, people are encouraged to go for the Premium Starter Kit that costs between $150 and $265.
There are 8 ways you can earn income when you join the Young Living MLM.
The 8 way are listed below:
- Retail customer earnings
- Starter Kit Bonus
- Fast Start Bonus
- Rising Star Bonus Pool
- Unilevel Commission
- Generation Commission
- Generation Leadership Commission
- Diamond Leadership Bonus
Benefits of Young Living MLM Compensation plan
I will give you a breakdown of the entire compensation plan one after the other.
- Retail Customer Earnings – At this stage, all the products that you are going to buy will be at wholesale prices. You will make a 24% profit anytime you sell the product to a customer.
- Starter Kit & Fast Start Bonuses – What you will earn here will be through the people you have recruited into your team. If you can register a new member that starts with the Premium Starter Kits, then, you are entitled to a one-time Starter Kit bonus worth $25.
- Rising Star Bonus Pool – You will share from the company’s monthly commissionable sales. As you move up the ranks, new members will be placed under you. You must have 7 legs across your downline to be eligible to earn the Rising Star Bonus.
- Unilevel Commission – This is where you can earn a good amount of commission. After three months of joining the Young Living MLM, you get to earn commissions from your new members’ Personal Volume (PV). Depending on your rank, you can earn between 4% and 8% of all the purchases made by your downline.
- Generation Commission – This is another stage where you can earn a good commission if you have reached the rank of Silver. You can earn up to 3% commission on all your group volume.
- Generation Leadership & Diamond Leadership Bonuses – This is for those who have reached the highest rank in the Young Living MLM. You can earn up to 6.25% of all monthly commissionable sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can one make money from Young Living MLM?
Answer: There are two ways you can make money if you join the Young Living MLM. They are commissions on sold products and bonuses for recruiting people into the program.
2. What does it cost to join the Young Living MLM?
Answer: It costs just $45, which is for you to get the Basic Starter Kit.
3. Is Young Living approved by the FDA?
Answer: Young Living is not approved by the FDA. The FDA has frowned at Young Living for making unsubstantiated claims about the efficacy of their essential oils.
4. Is it worth it joining the Young Living MLM?
Answer: It is not worth it if you cannot recruit people into your team.
Who is it for?
Young Living MLM is for people who love to sell. This makes it perfect for students, housewives, single mothers, and anyone interested in making money within a flexible schedule.
- Great track record – Young Living is one of the pioneers of the essential oil business. The company has revolutionized the essential oil industry and made the use of essential oils very attractive.
- Evergreen products – From generation to generation, essential oils will still be sought after by health-conscious people. This means that the market will always be there. The company also boasts of a lot of customer base that repeatedly buys the products.
- Support for charity – Young Living is a very charitable organization. The charity arm, the Young Living Foundation was founded in 2009. The aim is to help build new schools and homes in poor countries. They provide relief when there is a disaster and assist victims of hurricanes. This means Young Living is a responsible organization. This is a great gesture.
- Low startup cost – Young Living has a reasonably low startup cost when compared to other MLM companies. You will get the Basic Starter Kit for just $45 to get started. But the Premium Starter Kit costs between $150 and $265. However, starting a home business with less than $50 is a good thing.
- Lawsuits and warnings from FDA – Young Living has been embroiled in many lawsuits in the past. It is hard to have an MLM company operate for almost three decades without having one lawsuit or the other. The most recent lawsuit claims that the company is a pyramid scheme. Young Living has also been sanctioned more than once by the FDA for making bogus claims about their products.
- Expensive products – Young Living products are really expensive. For instance, a 15 ml bottle of lavender costs as much as $35. The high cost of the products put it out of the reach of many potential users.
- Heavy recruitment is required – You cannot be successful in any MLM business without recruiting people into your fold. This helps you to earn multiple commissions. However, recruiting people into MLM businesses is getting difficult daily. People tend to back out when they don’t see results within a short period.
Is Young Living MLM a scam?
Young Living is a legit MLM company that has been in operation since 1993. It is not an easy task for an MLM business to operate for 28 years. This speaks volumes about the company. It shows it is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is Young Living MLM recommended?
Yes, it recommended if you love direct selling. Just like every MLM business, you must be able to recruit people into your team to make reasonable commissions.
If you cannot recruit a large number of people, then, the Young Living MLM is not for you. So, don’t waste your time starting it.