Shipping is one of the most dreaded tasks for merchants and customers. There are so many options to choose from, that it can be overwhelming. Shippo aims to simplify shipping by providing a single solution for all your needs: printing labels, tracking shipments, and sending packages with couriers- all in one app! Is Shippo legit? You will find the answer in this review.
We will also discuss what Shippo is, how it works, its features, pricing, pros, and cons so continue reading.
New to Dropshipping/E-commerce?
What is Shippo? An Overview
Shippo is an American company founded in 2013 with headquarters located in Dallas, Texas which focuses on shipping. Shippo has been able to ship millions of packages globally to 196 countries. Shippo provides a single solution to integrate shipping through multiple carrier options for all your shipping needs.
With Shippo, you can print labels, track shipments, and send packages with couriers- all in one app!
How to use Shippo?
You can easily start by setting up an account and filling out your profile. Once you’ve done that, all the shipping options for specific carriers will be available on one page! Simply pick what’s best for you from a variety of carriers and start shipping.
Visit https://apps.goshippo.com/join? and create your free account.
You can get a free trial of the professional plan by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Shippo Demo Request.”
Features of Shippo
There are many useful features that Shippo has to offer. Here are some of them:
Labeling: With Shippo, you can quickly and seamlessly create labels for your packages which can then be printed out. Shippo offers personalized shipping labels, customer notifications, and more to ensure a high-quality experience.
Tracking: Shippo will help you track your shipment from door to door on its journey. You will receive notifications when it leaves, arrives at customs, or hits each stage of delivery so that you are aware of what is going on with your package at all times.
Ship With Multiple Carriers: If there’s one thing we know about shipping packages internationally, it’s that things never go as planned sometimes.
Different carriers offer different levels of service quality in every region around the world which means if something goes wrong during a transit like being held up by security agents or having an item damaged, you want to make sure that not just one carrier bears responsibility but rather the one that made the mistake.
This is where Shippo excels by providing multiple carrier options.
Integration: Using Shippo’s sync feature, you can automatically update shipping information on multiple platforms. Shippo has integration with most of the used channels such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, Bigcommerce, and many others.
The Shippo API will also make it easier for developers to integrate with their eCommerce projects by providing them the ability to automate shipping calculations without having to leave any additional lines of code in place on their site.
Payments: You can either choose PayPal or Stripe as your payment gateway; whichever you prefer! The benefit being that since these are two of the most trusted companies around, there’s no hassle when trying to pay for your package.
Costs: Most merchants find that they’re saving between $500-$1000 per month from using Shippo because it removes all the manual work involved in handling carrier relationships, rate plans, and tracking numbers- which is something every company needs.
Customer Support: Customer service is a top priority at Shippo. You can always contact Shippo with questions or issues that you may have through emails or telephone. Shippo also offers live chat during business hours to resolve your queries immediately.
Pricing of Shippo
The pricing for Shippo differs depending on your needs. It has flexible pricing on offer based on if you’re an established international seller or global enterprise.
There are three plans:
- Starter (Free) – This plan is free with some limitations.
- Professional ($10 per month) – The plan starts with a 30-day free trial and then you have to pay $10 per month. The price increases with the number of labels and goes up to $200 per month for 10,000 labels.
- Premier (Customized) – You will have to contact the Shippo sales team to get the premier pricing plan that can be customized based on your shipping needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Shippo only for e-commerce businesses?
Answer: No, it doesn’t matter what type of business you’re running. You can use shippo to ship anything from boxes to envelopes and everything in between.
2. Can I track packages that I send out with shippo?
Answer: Yes, they offer tracking through their dashboard or by phone call. All shipments come with $100 insurance coverage so there’s no need to worry about losing your package as well.
3. What carrier options are available on Shippo?
Answer: They have a wide range including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and more! If one goes down then back up is right there waiting for you which means fewer headaches and more time saved for the things you do best.
4. Is shippo better than Shipstation?
Answer: We can’t say that one is better than the other, as they have different features and pricing. But we will say this – Shippo makes it easier to ship anything from anywhere with just a couple of clicks.
5. Is Shippo really cheaper?
Answer: We’ve found that it is cheaper than other competitors like Shipstation.
6. What’s so great about Shippo?
Answer: It all comes down to the features and pricing, but we love the simplicity of this program! It has many different tracking options for a variety of carriers including UPS, FedEx, USPS, and more. We also love how easy it is to use – just a few clicks or taps on your phone will provide you with all the information needed to ship your products in no time at all.
7. Is Shippo better than Amazon?
Answer: Amazon offers similar shipping services as they offer same-day delivery service among others but costs much more money per shipment which may not be ideal depending on what type of business you’re running.
- Shippo has a free service and you can ship anything anywhere in the world. You can send any package with Shippo- no matter how big or small, fragile or non-fragile.
- The price is also very competitive and affordable for both businesses and individuals who ship around once a month to those shipping every day of the week for their business. You can use your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account to pay for shipping.
- It has an intuitive dashboard which makes it extremely easy to use even if you’re not too tech-savvy.
- You will have access to multiple carrier options so there’s more reliability in your shipments when things go wrong. With shippo’s tracking tools, you’ll know where your package is at all times.
- Customer service reps are available 24/hours a day, 365 days a year through live chat or phone calls should anything happen during transit as well.
- Every shipment comes with a $100 insurance policy so that if something gets lost or damaged on its way there’s no need to worry.
- The pricing plan is a bit confusing.
- Delayed refund process
Conclusion: Is Shippo legit and recommended?
Yes, Shippo is 100% legit and I recommend using shippo because it makes shipping easier without any of the pitfalls or problems associated with some more complicated competitors in the marketplace.
And secondarily, they offer insurance on every shipment so your packages are always safe while in transit.
Shippo is a one-stop solution for all your shipping needs. It does not matter if it’s USPS or UPS, they have all types of carriers that will suit any need; this makes it easy to shop around without having to juggle multiple sites.
The only downside with them right now is their pricing plans which might be too much depending on the number of labels per month – but other than that they’re great! I highly recommend checking out Shippo for anyone who ships anything.