Direct selling and Multi-Level Marketing go hand-in-hand. The same applies to healthcare, personal care, and skincare products that have maximum market control through direct selling managed by multi-level marketing companies. One of the reputed organizations under this category is Rodan and Fields. It is an MLM company that has been around for years. Is Rodan and Fields a pyramid scheme?
In this review, you will find all the answers about Rodan and Fields MLM, its pros and cons, and whether it is recommended for you to join.
What is Rodan and Fields MLM?
Rodan & Fields, LLC is a participant in the multi-level marketing industry that manufactures skin care products. It is also known as Rodan + Fields or R+F.
Named after dermatologists Katie Rodan and Kathy A Fields who started their journey of developing skin products in 1984 launched Rodan + Fields in 2002. They started selling their products in department stores.
The company was sold in 2003 to Estee Lauder and after re-acquiring it in 2008 Kathy Fields and Katie Rodan transitioned it into a multi-level marketing structure.
As of now, Rodan and Fields have a headquarter in San Francisco, California operating their business as a multi-level marketing firm. They also have a presence in Canada and Australia.
How do Rodan + Fields MLM work?
Rodan + Fields MLM works by directly selling their products and recruiting other members into your team. You can earn commissions on your sales as well as on the sales made by your team.
The company also offers incentives and rewards for meeting the assigned targets.
You can apply for Independent Consultant to join Rodan + Fields MLM program and start your journey with the help of tools, and resources provided by R+F.
The best part about R+F MLM is you can work on your own schedule, location, and freedom.
How to get started with Rodan + Fields MLM program?
To get started you have to enroll as an Independent Consultant. Visit https://www.rodanandfields.com/enrollment/become-a-consultant and enter your name, and email id to become a member.
There is a $75 fee to begin your independent consultant journey. Once you have registered, you will receive all the training, tools, and ongoing support from Rodan + Fields team to jumpstart your marketing business.
Products of Rodan + Fields
Rodan + Fields specializes in cosmetics and skincare products that include moisturizers, creams, sunscreens, toners, etc. The products are created based on dermatology-inspired formulas to help you eliminate your skin problems.
Some of the renowned Rodan + Fields products are:
Micro-Dermabrasion Paste: The product is one of the best-sellers in the market. It contains sugar+salt scrub exfoliates to improve dead skin.
Reverse Regimen: The product is helpful in tackling and preventing visible dark circles, sun spots, and freckles. This is equipped with Vitamin C, Retinoids, and antioxidants to improve and brighten your skin.
Redefine Eye Cream: This product builds the skin barrier around your eyes that minimizes wrinkles and nourishes them to improve appearance. The cream is made from Vitamin C & F, Botanical extracts, and antioxidants to help your eyes look younger.
Rodan + Fields MLM Compensation Plan
Rodan + Fields MLM compensation plan is based on five earning ways. They are:
- Retail Profits: Rodan + Fields Consultants, regardless of their title, can earn retail profits from purchases made by customers and by those who are qualified to buy products. Retail profit is the difference between Consultant prices and Preferred Customer (PC) or Retail pricing. The retail profits range between 15%-25%.
- Consultant Commissions: This is a level-based commission. As an active consultant, you will be eligible for a commission by acquiring a minimum of 100 Sales Volume (SV) for your Consultant Account. At this stage, you can earn 10% Level 1 commissions on all commissionable value + retail profits.
- Personal Team Commissions: Once you climb to the next level of executive consultant you can earn 5% commissions on the CV generated by all the consultants and customers in your personal team. At this level, you are also eligible for consultant commissions and retail profits.
- Generation Commissions: The generation commissions are based on the advancement of your consultant to the executive level. With this, your personal position improves to level 1 executive consultant and you can start earning 5% commissions on your executive sales. You will continue to receive personal team commissions, consultant commissions, and retail profits.
- Continued Generation Commissions: The generation commissions continue with you advancing to level II executive until level V.
The executive-level V is a milestone in your career where you have helped 8 consultants climb towards executive-level consultants. This is where you will be eligible for a performance bonus.
The commissions offered by Rodan + Fields are very generous provided you put in lots of effort in selling and recruiting.
How much money can you make with Rodan + Fields MLM program?
Making money with any MLM program requires lots of hard work towards selling and recruitment. Rodan + Fields MLM is no different.
You can earn $2000 monthly provided you have reached the highest executive level that may take a lot of effort and time.
As per their Income Disclosure Agreement in 2016, 96% of the Rodan and Fields members earned less than $500 in a month. In the same year, almost 44% of the members became in-active recording zero earnings.
The income graph went further down in 2019 with 50% of the members getting paid $466 in a year (i.e. less than $50 a month).
As per the record, only 2% of the members are successful in achieving satisfactory financial results with Rodan + Fields MLM program.
Is Rodan and Fields a pyramid scheme?
Not completely. Rodan + Fields operate their business model on multi-level marketing. That means you need to have a heavy downline of members under you to make decent money.
Rodan + Fields also compensate its member through direct selling with their physical products. This is what keeps Rodan + Fields away from being termed as a pyramid scheme.
Although, Rodan+ Fields has been criticized for operating a pyramid scheme by consumer advocates but the company is still going strong with its business methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Rodan + Fields MLM a scam?
Answer: No, Rodan + Fields MLM company is 100% legit. It is not a scam.
- Do Rodan + Fields have a support platform for its consultants?
Answer: Yes, you can contact email@example.com via email or through phone on weekdays and weekends as well for all your queries and accounts-related issues.
- What is a PC?
Answer: PC stands for “Preferred Customer” which is titled to members who join Rodan + Fields perks program.
- What is the PC Perks program?
Answer: PC Perks is a subscription program that offers 10% off on all orders and free shipping on orders of $80 or more after applying your 10% PC discount.
- The Rodan and Fields MLM program is a great way to earn extra income.
- Skincare is the most sought-after product in every age so you will always find a customer nearby.
- You can work as much or as little as you want when you want. There are no obligations on time, location, and preference.
- The training and resources are helpful in providing ongoing guidance and support.
- As a consultant, you’ll also be able to buy products at discounted rates that would otherwise cost hundreds of dollars.
- The commission structure is beneficial for beginners and experts alike.
- Availability of support to its members is an added advantage.
- No free membership to join their MLM program
- The skincare industry and products are highly competitive.
- Commissions are based on sales and recruitment which are tough ways to make money.
- Limited support channels to its members.
Conclusion: Is joining Rodan + Fields MLM worth it?
The Rodan and Fields MLM program has been in business for many years. This makes it one of the most established companies out there.
There are many pros to this company including generous compensation plans, diverse product lines, and strong customer support from its passionate employees who believe in their mission statement which says “to provide quality skincare with uncompromising integrity”.
However, as with any new opportunity and MLM, you should do your research before committing to anything or signing up. Rodan + Fields has a monthly membership fee that could be expensive for a lot of people.
The newbies and beginners may find difficulty building traffic due to the small number of sales team members and long working hours.
The earning potentials are also very limited considering the effort and time you have to put in to earn very little money.
All in all, we do not recommend joining Rodan + Fields MLM due to its high membership cost, competitive product industry, and tough and challenging earning opportunity.