Are there high-paying survey websites? This is the most frequently asked question by many survey site enthusiasts. I discovered the Pinecone Research, after spending more than 100 hours testing different survey panels and I think it is worth making a review of it. So, is Pinecone Research worth it? You will find out in this post. You will also know if Pinecone Research is legit or a scam.
What is Pinecone Research?
Pinecone Research is a survey website that pays people for taking surveys and product testing. The company pays you money in exchange for your opinions for answering surveys or reviewing products and services.
Pinecone Research Overview
Pinecone Research was started in 1998. The company is run by Nielsen, a marketing research company operating in New York, United States.
Pinecone Research is one of the highest paying survey panels in the industry. The company pays as much as $3 per survey. There are different ways you can redeem your earnings including direct payment to your bank account.
Pinecone Research is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
How does the Pinecone Research platform work?
Pinecone Research helps brands to gather marketing information. This is done by creating surveys and sending them out to participants. The responses that participants give in the surveys help these companies in improving their products and services. In return, the participants are paid for their time.
Below are the steps on how Pinecone Research works:
- You have to sign up by downloading the app from Google Play Store or Apple Store. You can also sign up by visiting the website at https://members.pineconeresearch.com/#/Homepage
- You will get a survey notification in your email if surveys are available
- Take the surveys. It takes between 15 and 20 minutes to complete the survey
- Earn points for the completed survey
- Redeem your points in the form of cash or prizes
Pinecone Research types of rewards
Each survey comes with 300 points. This is equivalent to $3. You can use your accumulated points in different ways. Below are the ways to use your points:
- Bank transfer – Payment of cash through bank transfer was recently introduced. To use this option, you will have to create a wallet. The wallet will be created on a payment processor. You will be redirected to the website of the payment processor. It is a third-party company.
- Amazon e-cards – You can collect an Amazon gift card in exchange for your points. The e-card will be sent to your email address.
- Other gift cards – Apart from Amazon gift cards, there are other options like Walmart gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, iTunes gift cards, and many more.
My experiences taking Pinecone Research surveys
- Survey types – Surveys on a myriad of topics are sent to the email of members. It takes between 15 and 20 minutes to complete a survey. The survey is accompanied by questionnaires. There are no compensations for answering the questionnaires. The questionnaires take just 2 to 3 minutes to complete.
- Product testing – I also took part in product testing. Products are sent to the homes of members for testing. A survey is sent alongside the product test. For taking the survey, you will earn $3 and $6 for product testing.
Is Pinecone Research worth it?
Pinecone Research cannot replace your day job. If you want to make it a full-time job, then, you will have to sign up with many survey sites.
You cannot make a decent income with Pinecone Research alone because there are times when surveys are not available. So, you cannot stay idle when there are no surveys. This is why you have to sign up for other survey sites.
Pinecone Research complaints
There are different complaints that users have made about Pinecone Research. Some of the complaints are:
- Participation is based on demographics
- The signing up process depends on invite links and banners
- The absence of surveys
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Pinecone Research safe to use?
Answer: Yes, Pinecone Research is very safe. Ensure that you download the right app or use the official website at https://members.pineconeresearch.com/#/Homepage
2. How can I receive my payment?
Answer: You can receive payment through direct bank deposit, postal cheque, or PayPal.
3. Does Pinecone Research have an affiliate program?
4. How can I redeem my reward?
Answer: Just log in to the website and locate “Redeem” to start the process of redeeming your reward.
Who is it for?
Pinecone Research is for people who are interested in making money online by taking surveys. This makes it ideal for students and people who are interested in augmenting their income.
- Free – It costs you nothing to join the Pinecone Research platform. It is completely free of charge.
- Prequalified surveys – Pinecone Research sends you surveys that you are qualified for. This is what makes it stand out from the rest. It can be agonizing to spend hours on a survey, only to be notified that you are not qualified for the survey. This doesn’t happen with Pinecone Research.
- Test products before they are launched – With Pinecone Research, you have the privilege of testing products before they are launched. The product would be sent to your home address with instructions on how to go about the product testing. It is a rare privilege to test products before they are launched and still get paid for doing so. You will earn $3 for answering questions about the product and $6 for the actual product testing.
- Decent payment – There are a few survey panels that pay $3 per survey and Pinecone Research is one of them. The payment is also on time. The company pays you in less than 48 hours. Payments can be through PayPal, cheque, bank transfer, or gift cards.
- Different reward options – You can be rewarded in different ways. Some of the methods of redeeming your points include Amazon gift cards, Walmart gift cards, restaurant gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, etc. For cash, you can get paid through PayPal, cheque, bank transfer, or credit cards that have been pre-credited with the exact amount you have earned.
- Long expiration time – It takes one year for your earned points to expire.
- No minimum payout – There is no sealing on the number of points you can earn before redeeming your points. You can redeem what you earned after taking the first survey.
- Excellent customer service – Pinecone Research has excellent customer service. The customer service team answers inquiries very timely.
- Mobile app – You can take surveys on the go since Pinecone Research has a mobile app that you can download from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Supports different devices – Pinecone Research supports different devices like laptops, desktops, tablets, iPad, and mobile app.
- Sweepstakes – You have a chance of participating in weekly sweepstakes. There are two draws in a week worth $500. The sweepstakes are a chance to win big.
- Limited by location – Pinecone Research is not open to everyone. It is open to residents of the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. You must also be 18 years old to be eligible to participate in surveys.
- No signup bonus – Unlike the other survey sites, there are no bonuses for signing up to the Pinecone Research platform.
Legit or scam
Pinecone Research is completely legit. It pays survey participants cash or rewards them with gift cards for completing surveys or testing new products. It is not a scam.
Conclusion: Is the Pinecone Research recommended?
Yes, Pinecone Research is recommended 100% if you are looking for a tested and trusted survey panel that pays you for giving your honest opinions on surveys and product reviews.