Do you want to use your spare time to make some money online? If the answer is yes, then, continue reading this post. In this post, I will tell you about MyPoints that offers rewards for things that you already enjoy doing like watching videos, playing games, shopping online, asking questions, reading emails, and filling out surveys. Now, am sure you must be asking: is MyPoints a scam or legit?
Read on as I give you the complete details.
What is MyPoints? An Overview
MyPoints is an online platform that rewards people for purchasing goods online from retailers, watching videos, reading emails, taking surveys, and playing games.
It is one of the foremost rewards websites in operation today. Established in 1996, the platform can be proud of itself after 25 years of track record.
How does MyPoints work?
The very first thing is to sign up. You can sign up on the website at https://www.mypoints.com/. Just supply your email address and password on the home page, click “Join Now” and start the registration process.
As soon as you complete your profile, you will start earning points. The points can be exchanged for rewards.
There are different activities you can partake in to earn points. However, the quickest of them all is shopping with MyPoints’ over 1,900 retail partners.
Some of the partners include Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Groupon, Target, BestBuy, Expedia, Domino’s Pizza, and more.
Go to the retailer’s website through the link on the website of MyPoints. As you get to the retailer’s site, make a purchase and your points would appear in your MyPoints wallet.
The amount of money you spend with the retailer will determine the number of points you will earn. You can earn up to 40% of your overall spending.
MyPoints Payment and Rewards
- Quick registration – The quick filling of the registration form is important. Downloading the mobile app is going to earn you 100 points instantly.
- Signup bonus – As a new member, you will get a $5-10 signup bonus. If you spend up to $20 with any of the retail partners within 30 days, you will get a $10 Amazon voucher or $10 Visa gift card.
- Referral bonus – MyPoints is very generous with its referral systems in comparison with other cashback websites.
- You will get 25 points when anyone joins the platform through your referral link
- There are 750 points when any of your referrals spend $20 or more within the 30 days that the referral signed up
- You will get 10 points from all the points that your referral earned for a lifetime
- Remarkable rewards – You can earn points by watching videos, playing games, taking surveys, etc. Redeem your points for the following:
- Gift cards – A minimum of 700 points will give you $5. With $5, you are eligible for gift cards from Amazon, Walmart, JC Penny, Barnes, and Noble, etc.
- Cash rewards – Get your payment inside your PayPal account when you reach the payment minimum threshold of $25.
How can you earn points with MyPoints quickly?
Though MyPoints is majorly about earning points through shopping, there are many other ways to build up points pretty quickly and qualify for any of the rewards.
Below is how to earn additional points:
- Surveys – Taking online surveys will give you up to 400 points. Ensure that you update your profile constantly.
- Referral – You will receive 25 points for successfully referring someone to join MyPoints. Your points will increase as your referrals start spending money with the retail partners
- Games – For playing different games, you will earn 5 to 10 points.
- Coupon printing – For one coupon you print and redeem, you are going to earn 10 points.
- Videos – Each video you watch earns you one point
- Read emails – You will get 5 points for reading your bonus email
- Mobile app – Downloading MyPoints mobile app gets you a whopping 100 points.
How much money can I make with MyPoints?
You can make as much money as you can with MyPoints. I earned $5 after raking in 758 points. It took me five days and I spend an hour per day. You can get a gift card for $5.
To earn cash of $25, you should earn up to 3,500 points and it can be withdrawn through PayPal.
How can I redeem my points with MyPoints?
To redeem your points is straightforward. Just click “Redeem Points” and you will be taken to the rewards page where you can choose the gift card you want to redeem.
Is MyPoints safe to use?
MyPoints is safe to use. It is built with top-notch security to ensure users are safe online.
Does MyPoints have a mobile app?
Yes, MyPoints has both Android and iOS mobile app. It can be downloaded from their respective app store.
Is MyPoints legit?
Yes, MyPoints is very legit. It has been in operation for close to three decades. It is also rated A+ by BBB. That is the affirmation of its legitimacy.
Is MyPoints free to join?
Joining MyPoints is free of charge. Just signup on the website at https://www.mypoints.com/
Is MyPoints a scam?
Cashback app scam is very common. A lot of apps that claim to give cashback have the intention of stealing your credit or debit card details. Once you input your card details on their website, your money is stolen.
This is why you have to choose a credible cashback platform if you want real cash back for your purchases.
MyPoints has been around for 25 years and this shows the platform is trustworthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MyPoints available for Android and iOS devices?
Answer: Yes, MyPoints supports both Android and iOS devices. It is available on the Play Store for Android users and Apple Store for iOS users.
2. How easy is it to use MyPoints?
Answer: It is extremely easy to use the platform. The website is nicely designed with a distinctively clean layout. The mobile app increases the ease of use.
3. Is PayPal withdrawal available?
Answer: Yes, you can withdraw with PayPal.
4. Does MyPoints offer any customer support?
Answer: It has limited customer support. Contacting customer support is through the submission of a support ticket and you will get a response in 24 hours.
5. Are MyPoints and Swagbucks owned by the same company?
Answer: Yes, both of them are owned by the same company. MyPoints was acquired by Swagbuck’s parent company.
- It is free to signup
- Availability of surveys
- You will get a signup bonus of $5-10
- A mobile app is available. You will earn 100 points automatically for downloading the app
- There are a variety of ways to earn
- Rated A+ by BBB
- Payment is only through PayPal
- Limited to residents of the United States and Canada
Conclusion: Is MyPoints recommended?
Whether you are interested in earning cash or receiving gift cards, MyPoints provides you with an opportunity to earn extra dollars monthly.
The fact that you can earn points in different ways makes MyPoints outstanding. Using the mobile app also means you can easily take part in any of the activities no matter where you are.
But you have to remember that cashback apps like MyPoints won’t make you rich. Don’t ever replace your day job with it.
There are many other ways to make money online like affiliate marketing. What you will earn from MyPoints won’t take you far.