A lot of email marketing systems claim to be the best and say they have everything you need to succeed as an email marketer. But these claims fall flat in the face of reality. Most of them are lacking in functionality and deliverability. This is why this Mailjet review is very important. Is Mailjet a scam? You will find out in this review.
Mailjet also promised a lot but has got some limitations. However, a lot is going for it. The fact that it is cheap and has got a free package is something you can get elated about if you just want a simple email marketing tool.
What is Mailjet? An Overview
Mailjet is an email marketing tool used by more than 200,000 companies. You can use the software for creating, sending, and tracking your marketing campaigns.
Using an Email API, Mailjet can send up to 15 million emails per hour. The program is intuitive with a great user interface. It is available in 5 languages, including English, Italian, German, Spanish and French. This is an excellent tool for marketing teams that want to start email marketing campaigns with a shoe-string budget.
Its drag and drop feature helps you to create 100% responsive emails without wasting much time. Mailjet is GDPR compliant and ISO27001 certified which means data privacy and security are of greater priority to Mailjet.
Mailjet has many features that make it one of the best and affordable email marketing systems in the world. These features include:
- Email editor – Mailjet has a step-by-step process for email creation. It starts with the subject line and it can also be personalized according to the customer’s location or name. When it comes to email design, Mailjet is very limited when compared with other email marketing tools. These templates are basic but you can design your template with the built-in drag and drop email editor. The email editor is accompanied by exceptional editing tools to produce an email design that suits your taste. With the email editor, you can add texts, videos, images, and buttons with ease.
- Data migration – With Mailjet, you can migrate from one email marketing service provider to another seamlessly. You can import contacts into Mailjet without any issues. After importing the data, properties like name, email address, and other items are matched automatically.
- Email validation – Mailjet has a great email validation tool provided by Mailgun. This helps to reduce email bounce rates and decrease the rate of inaccurate emails in your contact list.
- Transactional emails – Mailjet ensures that your emails get to the recipient’s inbox. This is done by integrating the Mailjet API provided by Mailgun. There are many templates you can choose from for transactional emails.
- Analytics and reports – Mailjet has excellent reporting functionality but not as rich as MailChimp or GetResponse. It breaks down the reports based on individual contact and email performance. The statistics on performance reports include clicks, bounces, spam, and unsubscribe stats.
- Low-cost – Mailjet’s low-cost pricing stands it out from the other email marketing tools. This makes it ideal for small businesses that are low on budget but needs decent email marketing campaigns.
The fact that Mailjet has a free plan makes it very attractive to beginners in the email marketing business. With the free plan, you can send up to 6,000 mails in a month. However, it is limited to 200 emails per day.
The free plan also has some limitations. For instance, it doesn’t offer you A/B testing and segmentation.
For the paid versions, there are two plans – basic and premium.
The costs for the basic plan are:
- $9.65/month for 30,000 emails/month
- $18.95/month for 60,000 emails/month
- $68.95/month for 150,000 emails/month
- $166.95/month for 450,000 emails/month
- $333.95/month for 900,000 emails/month
There is no sending limit with the basic plan.
The costs for the basic plan are:
- $20.95/month for 30,000 emails/month
- $41.95/month for 60,000 emails/month
- $96.95/month for 150,000 emails/month
- $229.95/month for 450,000 emails/month
- $398.95/month for 900,000 emails/month
The premium plan comes with features like segmentation, multi-user collaboration, marketing automation, and A/B testing which are not available in the basic plan.
The enterprise plan is designed for high-volume senders. You have to contact the support team to avail yourself of this plan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to start using Mailjet free plan?
Answer: To start using the free plan or paid plan, go to https://www.mailjet.com/
2. How can my contact list be uploaded?
Answer: To add contacts to your new or existing list, just upload the CSV, RTF, or TXT file. You can also copy and paste contacts into the form.
3. Is there an annual billing?
Answer: Yes, there is an annual billing that comes with a 10% discount.
Who is it for?
Mailjet is suitable for small businesses that want value for money. It is great for beginners in email marketing because of its intuitive dashboard.
- Ease of use – The program is super easy to use. It is a hassle-free process if you want to create newsletters and contact lists. The automation workflows are also easy to setup.
- Deliverability – Deliverability can make or mar your email marketing campaigns. Some email marketing tools can disappear even after delivery. But Mailjet has got a high deliverability rate.
- Pricing – Mailjet is very affordable when compared to other newsletter service providers. The basic plan is just about $10/monthly.
- Users’ collaboration – Mailjet allows users to collaborate in real-time on the same email using the newsletter editor feature.
- Intuitive dashboard – The dashboard is easy to understand and pretty straightforward. Its interface requires no reasoning to work on.
- Limited automation conditions – The conditional options have limitations. It is limited to “anniversary scenarios” and “date staggering”. There is no condition for “if opened or unopened”.
- Difficulty in removing contacts – You cannot remove contacts from the main list.
- Limited pre-built templates – The pre-built templates are limited in options. It lacks different pre-built template categories.
- No preview option – Mailjet has no preview option that lets you see how your email designs look on different devices such as desktop, mobile, or tab.
Legit or scam
Mailjet is 100% legit. It is a perfect email marketing program for small scale businesses to scale up their campaigns.
Conclusion: Is Mailjet Email Marketing recommended?
Yes, Mailjet is highly recommended if:
- Integrations matter to you – Mailjet has got 80 integrations which include Facebook, WordPress, Drupal, BigCommerce, Shopify, Joomla, Magneto, WooCommerce, Google Cloud, and a host of others.
- Collaboration with your team members is important – Mailjet allows you to collaborate with team members in real-time on any project which means you can get help while working on any email designs.
- An affordable email newsletter is important to you – Mailjet is cheap and affordable. It is suitable for businesses that are on a budget.
Not recommended if:
- Advanced automation is needed – If you need advanced segmentation and automation, then, Mailjet is not for you. The conditions are very basic when compared with ActiveCampaign that boasts of a lot of automation.
- An all-in-one solution is what you are looking for – Don’t go for Mailjet if an all-in-one solution matters to you. For example, Mailjet doesn’t come with a sales funnel, CRM, and page builder.