I have had cause to use many e-mail marketing programs in the last decade. Not only are they expensive, but they also shoot up the startup cost for beginners. In my search for an affordable and reliable e-mail marketing program, I discovered MailerLite. Is Mailerlite a scam? You will find out in this detailed review.
What is MailerLite?
MailerLite is an extremely affordable e-mail marketing program that is focused on simplicity, exceptional customer support and intuitive e-mail designs with excellent features. There is no doubt MailerLite is a comparatively new platform in the field of e-mail marketing systems but its newness does not take away its effectiveness and ease of use.
MailerLite was started in the year 2005 and since then, it has grown exponentially to become one of the fastest-growing e-mail marketing companies in the world. From its modest beginnings, the company now boasts of almost one million users every month. The sweetest part is that you can use MailerLite for free for a lifetime sending messages to 1,000 users. And even if you are paying for the premium package, it does not put a hole in your pocket.
With just $10 per month, it is clear like broad-day light that this is one of the cheapest e-mail marketing tools you can find anywhere in the world. It is currently available in 8 languages. MailerLite can integrate perfectly with WordPress and Shopify.
Features of MailerLite
MailerLite doesn’t have the kind of automation you have seen in ActiveCampaign. But is still an exceptional e-mail marketing tool. Here are some of its features.
- Marketing automation – With the automation marketing feature, your customers are well guided on every journey. From the start to the point of conversion, all you need to do is to wait for the result. The workflow is set up once and every other thing works on autopilot.
- Website builder and landing pages – MailerLite allows you to build emails with ease. But it goes beyond that. You can also build landing pages with opt-in forms and small websites.
- A/B splitting test – A/B splitting test allows you to evaluate two emails to find out which one is effective. This is how you can statistically know which email campaign is successful.
- Subscribers’ segmentation – With email segmentation, subscribers can be divided into smaller groups on the basis of their characteristics such as country, age, and gender.
- Scheduling – You can schedule your emails so it reaches the customers when you want it. After scheduling the emails, you can go to sleep.
- Send preview – After designing your email, you may feel like sharing it with a colleague before sending it. This is what the “send preview” does for you.
- Surveys – MailerLite allows you to conduct surveys using the survey tool. This is the best way to get feedback from subscribers. You can design the survey to fit your brand. The best part is that it is easy to setup.
- Embed videos – This is an outstanding feature especially for merchants. You can embed a video straight from YouTube. Just insert the YouTube URL and the video is instantly converted to a well-animated GIF.
- Affordable pricing – MailerLite is by far one of the cheapest email marketing tools out there. It is cheaper than most of its competitors. This is great value for money especially for small businesses or start-ups.
MailerLite has a straightforward pricing system.
- Between 1 – 1000 subscribers with a maximum of 12,000 e-mails are free of charge.
- Between 1 – 1000 subscribers with unlimited e-mail sending are $10/month.
- Between 1,001 – 2,500 subscribers with unlimited e-mail sending are $15/month.
- Between 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers with unlimited e-mail sending are $30/month.
- Between 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers with unlimited e-mail sending are $50/month.
All the premium plans have 14-day free trial.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1. How can I choose a plan?
Answer: Login into your account and click “Upgrade” on the top right-hand side of your account. There, you will see the available prices and plans.
2. What benefits are available in the free plan?
Answer: The free plan costs you nothing until you reach the 1,000 subscribers. The free plan allows you to send up to 12,000 emails per month. The account can be upgraded to a premium account anytime.
3. Can I cancel a plan?
Answer: Yes, you can renew the monthly plan automatically every 30 days and can cancel it whenever you want. But the yearly plan can neither be cancelled nor renewed automatically. Renewal can only be done manually. Emails are sent out as reminders for the expiration of a plan.
4. How do I cancel my payment?
Answer: To cancel a payment, go to “Plan and billing” which can be found on the top right-hand side on the green bar, click “Cancel subscription” and confirm you have cancelled your subscription. The confirmation will downgrade your membership to the free plan.
5. Can MailerLite integrate with WordPress?
Answer: Yes, MailerLite can perfectly integrate with WordPress. It can also integrate with WooCommerce, Zapier and Shopify.
6. Does MailerLite have a plugin?
Answer: Yes, MailerLite has a WordPress plugin.
7. How to start using MailerLite?
Answer: To start using MailerLite, visit their website at https://mailerlite.com/ and click “Sign up”.
Who is it for?
MailerLite is a great e-mail marketing tool designed for entrepreneurs, online merchants, information marketers, digital marketers, network marketers, internet marketers and a host of others. It is also an excellent program for bloggers, sales reps, sales teams, call centre reps and anyone interested in the automation of their e-mail campaigns for the ease of tracking and achieving exceptional results.
- Free plan – You make use of the free plan for as long as you want. Marketing automation is part of the features in the free plan.
- Ease of use – The tool has got an interface that is simple and clean. This makes it a great software for both beginners and advanced users.
- Landing page editor – With MailerLite, you can design and create a MailerLite hosted landing page without having a domain.
- Website builder – It comes with a website builder that can be used to instantly build a website and upload it to a live server.
- Cheap and affordable – MailerLite is an inexpensive tool. The cost is impressive. You can have a premium plan for just $10 per month.
- No social media integration
- There are no triggers when people visit your website
Legit or scam
MailerLite is a 100% legit e-mail newsletter software. It is effective and cheaper than MailChimp.
Conclusion: Is Mailerlite recommended?
Yes, of course. MailerLite is well recommended because of its low-cost pricing. We recommend the software if:
- You are a freelancer or small business owner – It is an exceptional tool that meets your budget as a start-up. It goes beyond just sending newsletters. Other features are segmentation, contact tagging, automation workflows, landing page editor, and website builder.
- You are a blogger – MailerLite has some features that make it a perfect tool for bloggers. The features are video marketing, RSS campaigns, and WordPress integration.
- You are just starting – The simplicity of the tool makes it a good choice for bloggers. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. For anyone who intends to start e-mail marketing, this software will be a wonderful choice.