You may have a friend or family member that has introduced Arbonne to you. Maybe your curiosity has been stirred that is why you have gone online to find out if the Arbonne MLM is legit or a scam. Well, running into this page is not by coincidence. In this post, I will make a thorough review of the Arbonne MLM program. Is Arbonne MLM a scam? This review will help you in no small ways to make up your mind about joining Arbonne or not.
You will also find out if Arbonne MLM is a pyramid scheme, how you can start, how to make money from it and whether it is recommended for you or not.
What is Arbonne? An Overview
Arbonne is an MLM company that sells beauty and health products. It was started in 1975 by Petter Mock. The company is located in Irvine, California.
The health and beauty products are researched and tested in Switzerland and produced in the United States of America.
In February 2018, the company was acquired in Paris by Groupe Rocher. Arbonne operates from seven different countries including the United States, Taiwan, Poland, New Zealand, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. Arbonne has got more than 250,000 consultants worldwide.
How to join Arbonne MLM?
It will cost you $49 to become a registered consultant of Arbonne. If you are a Preferred Client but want to become a consultant, you will cough out an extra $20 as the cost for the membership upgrade. It also comes with a $29 yearly renewal fee.
You will have to bore other expenses like airtime for calling customers, transport fare for commuting from one point to another marketing the products and meals.
To join, you will have to visit the website at https://www.arbonne.com/us/en/join-us/independent-consultant, scroll down and click on “BE AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT”.
Arbonne MLM Compensation Plan
The Arbonne compensation plan is divided into four – client commission, overrides, Mercedes-Benz bonus and cash bonus.
With the compensation plan, you can earn recurring commissions from new members and customers. Your downline is going to help you make more money by referring others just like you do.
Below is the explanation of the four compensation plan:
- Client commissions – These commissions are paid to clients for their retailing sales. There is a 35% commission for your sales and 15% for Preferred Clients’ sales.
- Overrides – This is the commission that goes to each team. This is based on the product’s sales volume.
- Mercedes-Benz bonus – This is a bonus for those that have reached the rank of vice president. Bonus is based on the sales volume of each team.
- Cash bonus – At this stage, your level doesn’t matter. The bonus is for everyone.
How does the Arbonne MLM work?
The Arbonne MLM works pretty much like Mary Kay, Avon, etc. It operates on an MLM model. You have to sell products and the volume of products you sell will determine how far you will go through the ranks.
You cannot escape from recruiting people into your team if you want to make progress in the business. Your recruits are your downline. Commissions are earned for every sale that any of your recruits make.
You will also have to do direct selling or sell through your website and earn commissions. So, this is strictly a commission-based business.
Is Arbonne MLM a pyramid scheme?
No, it is not. Pyramid schemes don’t sell any products or services but make bogus promises. Arbonne sells beauty and health products.
Can you make money with Arbonne MLM?
Yes, you can make money with Arbonne but you will have to sell the products. You will have to recruit people into your team so that you can earn money from their efforts.
The more you sell, the more you grow in rank and make more money.
To make sales easy, you can decide to have your website as an Arbonne consultant. This can help you increase sales within a short period. Anytime you register a customer as a Preferred Client, there would be free shipping on all orders above $100. Preferred Clients have a 20% discount on all products with a 40% discount on special value packs alongside other incentives.
Is Arbonne MLM a scam?
No. A company that has been in operation since 1975 cannot be a scam.
Beware of MLM scams
There are plenty of scams involved in the MLM business. Many of them promise mouth-watering incentives but at the end of it all, you are the one losing money without making any gains.
This is why care must be taken when you want to join any MLM model. Arbonne has been operating since 1975. So, it is not a scam.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Arbonne rated by BBB?
Answer: Yes, it is rated A+
- Are Arbonne products of high quality?
Answer: Yes, the products are of quality.
- What is the cost of joining Arbonne?
- Proven history – Arbonne has a proven history. A company that has operated for more than four decades is credible. This is one thing that is going for Arbonne. If the company is a scam or pyramid scheme, the FTC would have likely shut it down a long time ago.
- Selling using a website – The fact that Arbonne allows its Independent Consultants to sell their products using a website shows that the company is modern. Consultants are also taught how to use social media websites to sell their products. This is another forward-looking approach to selling.
- Personal development – Arbonne encourages personal development. The company helps its consultants to enhance their business and selling skills. Annual events are usually organized for this purpose.
- Nice commission rates – Arbonne offers better commission rates when compared to other MLM companies. On your sales, you will get a 35% commission while there is a 15% commission for any purchases made by your Preferred Clients.
- BBB rating – Arbonne is rated A+ by BBB. The rating makes the company a lot more credible.
- 45 days money-back guarantee – All the Arbonne products listed on the catalogue come with a 45-day money-back guarantee. Full refund is returned to customers excluding the shipping cost.
- Expensive products – Just like almost all the MLM companies, the Arbonne products are expensive. The high cost of the products will affect sales in a way.
- Monthly expense – To stay active as an Independent Consultant, you have to make sales of at least $150 per month. If you are not selling up to $150 per month, there is a likelihood that you may pay for the products yourself to stay active. This is an unnecessary monthly expense.
Conclusion: Is Arbonne MLM recommended?
Arbonne is a credible and reliable MLM company. But you must invest carefully. Only invest an amount that you can afford to lose.
Generally, MLM gives you a flexible work schedule but the task of making high volume sales can be difficult.
Many people have lost a lot of money to MLM and people are still losing money. Don’t waste your money trying to stay active by purchasing the products yourself.
Is the Arbonne MLM recommended? No, I don’t recommend it.
This is because you will have to do a lot of direct selling to make a decent amount of money.
Another thing is that you will have to recruit dedicated people into your team. The mental stress that people experience with MLM makes them withdraw after some time. The fact is that success is rare with MLM models. It is only about 5% that succeeds.