Are you looking for an affiliate program that can help you earn some money online? If the answer is yes, then, you are in the right place. In this post, I will be doing the Coursera Affiliate program review. The commission rate makes a lot of sense if you are a new affiliate marketer. Up to 45% commission can be earned if you join the affiliate program.
Is it legit or a scam? You will find out in this review. So, let’s get started.
What is Coursera?
Coursera is an online platform that offers education courses through a partnership with top universities and organizations like Stanford, Yale, and Google. They offer courses in different areas of life like personal development, social sciences, information technology, business, and many more.
Coursera has more than 4,000 courses. This is where it looks very attractive for affiliates. They also have video tutorials for specific skills like Python, deep learning, Java, web development, etc.
The courses are taught by trainers that have connections with some of the best universities and organizations across the world. There are more than 4,000 experienced instructors from reputable universities around the world.
Coursera was founded in 2012 by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, the United States of America.
More than 70 million students are using Coursera video materials to learn new skills. There are also more than 4,000 video courses in different skills, 400+ specializations, and 20+ degree and certificate programs.
Coursera Affiliate Program Review: What is Coursera Affiliate Program?
The affiliate program is where you can earn as much as 45% commission selling the Coursera courses. It offers you an opportunity to make good commissions by selling these courses to students who are interested in learning some subjects or skills on their own. There are more than 4,000 courses you can sell as an affiliate.
The cookie lasts for 30 days, this means you will earn a commission if someone views your affiliate link today and later makes a purchase within the next 30 days. Joining the affiliate program could make a big difference if you have a blog or website to promote the Coursera courses.
Why do you need to join the Coursera Affiliate Program
All the details you need to get started with Coursera Affiliate Program are available in this section. There are many plausible reasons to join the affiliate program. Here are some of the reasons:
- You will earn a baseline commission of between 20% and 45%.
- There are clean and professionally designed banners and links to promote Coursera on your website or blog.
- You will get affiliate newsletters every month
- You have more than 4,000 courses to sell
- Swift commission payment
Benefits of Coursera Affiliate program
There are a lot of benefits to signing up for the program. Below are some of them:
- Excellent landing page – The affiliate landing page is informative, intuitive, and excellently designed.
- High commission rate – The commissions offered are some of the best in the affiliate marketing business. Between 20% and 45% commission is attractive. It is a better option compared to the other affiliate programs in the same category.
- 30-day cookie – With a 30-day cookie, it means you will earn a commission if someone checks out your affiliate link today and make a purchase within the next 30 days
- Low payment threshold – It has a minimum threshold of $50. This means once you have reached $50, then, you can cash out through PayPal or to your bank account.
- Plenty of advertising links and banners – You can choose from hundreds of banners and links of different shapes and sizes and place them on your blog or website. There are a variety of marketing materials for different courses and categories so you can easily get conversions.
- Deep linking is allowed – You can link to a particular page on the merchant’s website to properly promote the Coursera courses you are selling. This helps to increase your conversion rates.
- Satisfactory reporting – The Coursera Affiliate Program is managed by Rakuten Advertising. Rakuten is reputable in the area of affiliate marketing. You will be able to get accurate reports to monitor your performance effectively. Information like impressions, clicks, commissions, and sales will be available so you can fine-tune your strategy.
How can I join the Coursera Affiliate Program?
To join the affiliate program is easy and straightforward. Just visit the website at https://signup.linkshare.com/publishers/registration/landing and fill out your personal information to get an affiliate link to start promoting the Coursera courses.
How does the Coursera Affiliate Program work?
The affiliate program works in 4 ways:
- Join the affiliate program through the Linkshare network. To join the program is easy and free
- Choose from the 4,000+ available courses and specializations. Start to promote the courses using the banners and links
- Track your traffic and performance
- Start to earn up to 45% in commission for every eligible purchase.
How much can I earn as a Coursera affiliate?
The amount of money you can earn from the Coursera Affiliate Program will depend on how many referrals were able to purchase the courses and the amount that was paid. Typically, you will earn between 20% and 45% as a commission from the courses purchased through your affiliate link.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which of the products can I receive a commission for?
Answer: You can receive a commission for all valid purchases on professional certificates, courses, and specializations.
2. Can I commission multiple times from a single referral?
Answer: Yes, if your referral purchases multiple times through your affiliate link.
3. If a referral clicks a particular course link but ends up buying a different course, will I be paid a commission?
Answer: Yes, you will get a commission as far as the product was bought within the cookie window.
4. Will I get recurring commissions if a user enrolls for a Coursera monthly subscription product?
Answer: No, the commission will only be paid for the first-month subscription.
5. How much does a Coursera course cost?
Answer: A Coursera course costs between $22 and $99.
6. Are there free Coursera courses?
Answer: Yes, there are free courses. However, you will have to pay for the course if you need a completion certificate.
7. Are the Coursera courses accredited?
Answer: Yes, the courses are accredited by some of the best universities and companies like Google, Yale University, and Stanford University.
Who is it for?
Coursera Affiliate Program is for anyone that wants to make some money from selling Coursera video courses and programs. It is ideal for affiliate marketers, students, etc.
- Quick payment through PayPal or bank account
- Low minimum threshold
- Easy and free to join
- Plenty of promotional materials
- 24/7 support from the Coursera customer service
- To track your earnings and performance is easy
- There are courses available in more than 30 languages
- Access to some free courses
- A 30-day cookie is too low
- No recurring commission
Legit or scam
Coursera and its affiliate program are very legit and not a scam. The video courses are top-notch and created by some of the best resource persons in the world.
Conclusion: Is the Coursera Affiliate program recommended?
Yes, I recommend the Coursera Affiliate Program if you are interested in joining the program to earn some good commission to increase your revenue base.