Whether you are a blogger, an affiliate marketer, online store owner, email marketer, or a list builder, you need a mailing list. A mailing list doesn’t just help you drive website traffic; it also helps you to build an audience and communicate with your loyal customers or followers. It can be very hard to build a mailing list if you are not using the right tool. So, what email marketing tool can help you build a successful emailing list? One tool that comes to mind is the Aweber Email Marketing tool.
Configuring functional email autoresponders and multiple sign-up forms can be a headache. This is why you need something easy to use. And this is where Aweber is the best email marketing tool that makes your job easier. But why is Aweber considered one of the best email marketing tools? Read on to find out what makes it the first choice for many.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and join the program I will earn a small commission with no extra cost to you.
What is Aweber? An Overview
Aweber is an email marketing and autoresponder tool that helps you build an emailing list with so much ease. It is easy to configure and use.
Started in 1998, Aweber took the world by storm by pioneering autoresponder. Since then, it has been the darling of many online business owners.
Aweber is considered to be too expensive by many. But at a $19 per month pro plan with up to 500 subscribers, there is no doubt that it is relatively affordable. It also has a free plan with limited features for 500 subscribers.
The tool offers excellent features that will meet your email marketing needs.
How does Aweber work?
Aweber works by first purchasing a pro plan if you want to enjoy the full features. It could be a monthly, quarterly, or yearly plan. A pro plan ensures that you can use all the advanced features.
Alternatively, you can opt for a free plan with limited features that covers 500 subscribers.
Next is to log in to Aweber and create your first list. You can create more than one list. Then, select a language. Choose the right subject line and complete the process.
Features of Aweber
Using Aweber comes with plenty of features to make your email campaigns rewarding. Here are the 11 features of Aweber.
- Plenty of email templates – Choosing a suitable email newsletter template can be difficult with Aweber. This is because there are several templates to choose from.
There are a total of 700 email newsletter templates. This throws up a lot of options. When compared with other email tools, GetResponse has over 500 templates while MailChimp has got just 80. Any of these templates can easily be tweaked to suit your needs. There is also the option of coding your template if you understand HTML.
- Responsive email messages – All the email templates are responsive. It means they fit perfectly with different screen sizes. It doesn’t matter if you are viewing the design on a smartphone or tablet. Everything will always appear fine and nice making your email messages look professional.
- Web fonts – Web fonts look better on email designs than the traditional fonts like Arial, Tahoma, Times Roman, etc. This is one of the great benefits that come with Aweber that you cannot find with the other email marketing tools. Web fonts help you to achieve consistency as it relates to your website and email newsletters in terms of branding. Some of the web fonts include Lato, Open Sans, Roboto, Permanent Marker, Noticia Text, Lora, etc.
- Autoresponders – These are a series of automatically triggered follow-up emails. The triggers can be based on time or user actions. This is an important aspect of any email marketing tool.
For instance, if someone subscribes to your mailing list, the person would receive an instant email message or acknowledgment.
- Real-time reporting – Aweber offers you accurate reporting about your email campaigns and subscriber metrics. This helps you to track the performance of your campaigns and the signup forms. The tracking is not just on mundane metrics like open and click rates; it goes beyond these to give you metrics concerning conversions, sales within a particular period, and revenue.
Aweber allows you to take action based on the data gathered. For instance, if 50 people clicked your link in a particular email campaign, you can decide to create a segment that targets only these 50 persons. Social media tracking is also inclusive.
- Signup forms – The signup form builder makes it easy to build forms to collect information from prospective customers and build an email list. You can determine how you want the popup to appear.
- Integrations – To effectively optimize your email marketing campaigns, Aweber supports several third-party integrations which include API integration, e-commerce tools, apps, plugins, Google Analytics, CRM, and social media integrations.
- Automation – The Aweber marketing automation goes beyond that normal drip campaigns. It comes with the complex “if this, then that” workflows. With the automation feature, you can determine site visits, link clicks, purchases made and email opens.
- AMP for Email – Aweber has made a great advancement in this area. This is one of the areas where it stands out from the other email tools. AMP for email goes beyond the traditional e-newsletters with just text and pictures. It allows users to make an RSVP or meeting within the email that you want to send. Email senders can also add dynamic content such as football scores, weather updates, survey results, etc.
- A/B split testing – This is where you can test out different emails before they are sent out to a different set of people. With Aweber, you can do split testing with three different emails. Most email tools like MailChimp and Campaign Monitor allow just two emails split testing.
- Opt-in processes – Aweber is very flexible when it comes to opt-in choice. You can decide to use a single opt-in or double opt-in when people are completing a form.
Benefits of using Aweber
- Aweber email marketing tool can be used for any type of business, from small businesses to large corporations. It has a variety of features that will help you grow your business.
- Aweber email marketing tool makes it easy for you to create and send emails, newsletters, autoresponders, and more with just a few clicks with an easy-to-use interface.
- Using an Aweber email marketing tool will allow you to reach out to more people than ever before and get your message across in no time.
- The customer service team at Aweber is available 24/7 so if you have any questions or concern’s they are always there to help.
- Aweber is one of the most trusted names in email marketing tools because it has been around for over 15 years and continues to be updated with the latest email marketing tools and features.
How to sign-up for Aweber
You can sign up for an Aweber free plan at https://www.aweber.com/pro-signup.htm to get started. You need to input your credit to use it.
Can you make money with Aweber? Aweber Affiliate Program
Yes, you can. If you are interested in making money selling Aweber, you will have to join their affiliate program at https://www.aweber.com/advocates.htm.
The affiliate program offers a 30% commission when you refer people to purchase Aweber with your affiliate link. The cookie duration is 365 days.
Pricing plans of Aweber
Aweber offers a free plan with limited features. The pro plans have advanced features but the price increases as the number of subscribers increase.
Check the table below to compare prices:
Number of Subscribers
Monthly Billing Cycle
Quarterly Billing Cycle
Yearly Billing Cycle
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of payment option does Aweber accept?
Answer: It accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
- Does Aweber charge setup fees?
Answer: No setup and hidden charges.
- How much does Aweber cost?
Answer: It starts with a monthly price of $19.
- Does Aweber have landing pages?
Answer: Yes, Aweber has landing pages and it is free with every pro account. The landing page can be used without any coding experience.
- Is Aweber a safe email marketing tool?
Answer: Yes, Aweber is safe.
- Does Aweber come with a free plan?
Answer: Yes it does but with limited features.
- Does the Aweber free plan require inputting my credit card number?
Answer: No, it doesn’t.
- What kind of support does Aweber offer?
Answer: It offers 24/7 email, phone and live chat support.
- Does Aweber have a WordPress plugin?
Answer: Yes, it does.
- A free plan is available
- Ease of configuration and use
- Intuitive interface
- High deliverability
- Landing page builder
- Data import functionality
- Supports plenty of third-party apps and tools
- Responsive email templates
- Web fonts can be used in your e-newsletters
- Sign up forms
- Advanced analytics
- It is relatively expensive when compared with other tools
- Segmentation is limited
- No sales and lead generation
Beware of email marketing scams
Avoid email marketing programs that promise so much but fail in performance.
Some email tools are hyped so high just for you to part with your hard-earned money. These email tools are extremely cheap but may not meet your needs.
Aweber is a great choice for many bloggers and small businesses. It is a robust and functional email marketing tool that meets your needs on different fronts. It has been in use for more than 20 years.
Conclusion: Aweber easily make your business grow
Despite a few cons, Aweber has got everything you need to successfully create professional email campaigns.
The interface is intuitive and easy to use. The automation and landing page features are excellent. Some other features include signup forms, advanced A/B split testing, reporting and analytics, etc.
You don’t have to waste time designing an email message from scratch. With 700 email templates, it is easy to start an email campaign almost immediately.
Aweber offers free migration. This makes it better than its competitor MailChimp. The web fonts make your email designs stand out.
The fact that Aweber now offers a free plan with up to 500 subscribers puts the icing on the cake. This is where it is a better option compared to GetResponse that just offers a free trial. All in all, Aweber is a tool designed to meet your email marketing needs in all ramifications. I recommend it anytime, any day.