10 SEO Tips to Rank your content quickly
As an affiliate marketing, or a blogger you will want your website content to rank quickly on search engines. It is not magic, but search engines have an algorithm that checks certain key factors covered in your content to improve your rankings.
Below is the checklist that I recommend you to follow whenever you post an article or a blog on your website.
- Keyword: Choose a keyword that is relevant and meaningful. Always check for the competitiveness of your keyword in the keyword research tool. Make sure the numbers are less for faster ranking. Avoid targeting multiple keywords for one post.
- Keyword Appearance: Never decorate your content by stuffing the keywords everywhere. Search engines don’t like it. The keyword should appear in the following areas of your content:
- Post Title: Make sure the post title has your targeted keyword.
- Introduction: The next place for a keyword should be in the introduction or first paragraph. Ensure it is visible in the first few lines.
- Headlines: At least one of the headlines should cover your targeted keyword. It is recommended to include the keyword in one of the sub-headings as well but this is optional.
- Image: Insert at least one image that is relevant to your post and includes the targeted keyword under Image Alt title and Image Alt tag.
- Meta Title & Description: The targeted keyword should be part of the Meta title and Meta description in the SEO Plug-in fields. Ensure to follow the character limitations for Meta title and Meta description for better rankings.
- Social Media: Social Media helps improve SEO. Share each and every post on your social media profile. The social media title and description must include the targeted keywords.
- External Links: External links to an authoritative website such as Wikipedia are important. Make sure your content has at least one external link that is pointing to other websites. This is an indication to search engines that you value good information and really want to help your audience.
- Internal Links: Include at least one internal link to the other post of your website. Internal links help search engines to crawl your posts faster. Having internal links also boosts your website exposure as search engines understand the value of your linked posts. You can have multiple internal links in one post if you like. Avoid inserting affiliate links.
- Youtube Video: Embed a Youtube video relevant to your content. It could be your own video or something that is intended to help your visitors. Include the keywords in your video title.
- Ratings/Snippets: If your post is a review post then having a review plug-in or snippets is better. There are many plug-ins that can be installed to provide ratings/snippets to a post. The ratings appear in the search engine results and give a boost to your SEO.
- Call-to-action: Ending your post with a strong call-to-action comment increases the engagement with your audience. Ensure to include a line or two in the conclusion that prompts a response from your readers. The more engagement you have, the more chances of improving the SEO rankings.
- Categories and Tags: Insert relevant categories and tags for every post. This is another way of identifying your post based on the categories or tags for the search engines.
- Forums: Be part of engaging forums or communities such as Quora to improve the SEO rankings. Having an authoritative presence in these forums gives you a chance to share your posts asking for engagement. Ensure you adhere to the forum’s terms & conditions, and policies about sharing your posts.
- Request Indexing: Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tool has an option where you can request indexing for your posts. Ensure you register on these tools to increase your chances of indexing and tracking.